The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-20-2018, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarsnpucks View Post
The only issue I had with my BC was that it came in a plastic bag, whereas, I saw if I bought it from Carter Vintage Guitars that they would throw in a wooden case for the pick for FREE.. makes me second guess buying directly from BC in the future.
If you put yourself on their mailing list, they'll notify you of freebies with pick purchase at special times throughout the year.
Old 03-20-2018, 05:41 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Callicutt View Post
If you put yourself on their mailing list, they'll notify you of freebies with pick purchase at special times throughout the year.
To piggyback on Lee's advice, the last few years they've offered free shipping with any pick order from roughly Thanksgiving to Jan 1. You may want to mark your calendar and get word to that special someone (along with model number, thickness, bevel, etc.) to get in on that.

The only thing I love more than buying cool guitar stuff myself is when my WIFE buys it.

memmer
Old 03-20-2018, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed Life Picks View Post
To piggyback on Lee's advice, the last few years they've offered free shipping with any pick order from roughly Thanksgiving to Jan 1. You may want to mark your calendar and get word to that special someone (along with model number, thickness, bevel, etc.) to get in on that.

The only thing I love more than buying cool guitar stuff myself is when my WIFE buys it.

memmer

Ha! You aren’t lying... I have to remind my wife that she married the dreamy guitar player, because she hates the fact I get a new guitar every 6 months... 🤪 I’ve got a 2018 Martin HD28 on the way as we speak.
Old 03-20-2018, 05:46 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Ha! You aren’t lying... I have to remind my wife that she married the dreamy guitar player, because she hates the fact I get a new guitar every 6 months... 🤪 I’ve got a 2018 Martin HD28 on the way as we speak.
Hah!

Hey, some guy a couple years ago on the Forum posted the following:

"Uh-oh. My wife just found out you change the strings on a guitar."

I'm still laughin' about that one.

sm
Old 03-20-2018, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Callicutt View Post

Noted! I will have to do that.
Old 03-20-2018, 06:10 PM

Default guitar needs to be able to reveal

Couple years with my first acoustic Yamaha FG-730. i tried different picks . went from freebie picks to a Blue Chip . It sounded better and was smoother off strings. Tried a CL black triangle and thought meh . put it away never used it again. Just got my Custom Martin OM-15 from Ted & Helene ( best transaction ever) . Tried the CL black again. Wow now i can feel and hear the difference . Now the BC is put away. So there ya go.
Old 03-20-2018, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Hah!

Hey, some guy a couple years ago on the Forum posted the following:

"Uh-oh. My wife just found out you change the strings on a guitar."

I'm still laughin' about that one.

sm

Hahahaha! Luckily my wife plays ukulele, so she understands I buy strings, Humidipaks, picks, etc.

But she’ll never understand why I buy more instruments. Quite frankly I’m trying to find “the one” and then I’ll sell off the others. Or so I think....
Old 03-20-2018, 08:07 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Hahahaha! Luckily my wife plays ukulele, so she understands I buy strings, Humidipaks, picks, etc.

But she’ll never understand why I buy more instruments. Quite frankly I’m trying to find “the one” and then I’ll sell off the others. Or so I think....
Hah! You're truly deluded if you think you'll ever find "The One." Instead, I found the "FIFTEEN."

Close enough.

Memmer
Old 03-20-2018, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Hah! You're truly deluded if you think you'll ever find "The One." Instead, I found the "FIFTEEN."

Close enough.

Memmer

Well, I am 23 y/o and I own 7 guitars now... do I need 7? Absolutely not! I know I’m preaching to the choir when I say I get different tones out of all of them, so I keep them around. However, there’s a few I can definitely live without.

Also, I’d love to give your picks a try in the near future.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:38 PM
Charter Member

Blue Chip makes great picks. So does Scott. But when I playa guitar with 12's on it I like a thinner pick which Blue Chip does not offer. They offer the TD 35 and 40 which I love when playing with medium strings, but when I need something thinner Scott makes a great product and will grind it thinner if wanted. He is much more flexible in his offerings. It is a big reason I play more Charmed Life than Blue Chips. Both of them last forever or until I lose one.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:15 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by baimo View Post
Blue Chip makes great picks. So does Scott. But when I playa guitar with 12's on it I like a thinner pick which Blue Chip does not offer. They offer the TD 35 and 40 which I love when playing with medium strings, but when I need something thinner Scott makes a great product and will grind it thinner if wanted. He is much more flexible in his offerings. It is a big reason I play more Charmed Life than Blue Chips. Both of them last forever or until I lose one.
Hey Steve-o, where ya been hiding? You gearing up for golf season again? Didn't you say last time we spoke that you were thinking of moving west?

Hope all is well,
scott

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion