The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 10-29-2014, 06:06 PM

Default Need some advice with a dilemma I'm having with the airline/travel booking website

Somewhat of a long shot, but I'm getting desperate so here it goes...

CheapTickets.com= CT
Royal Air Maroc= RAM

I purchased some tickets through CT for our honeymoon last spring, but had to cancel due to a family illness. When I called the CT customer service they said I had until April 2015 to re-book and complete travel. Fast forward to today (saving additional details that, while might be worthwhile to mention, do not really contribute to what i'm asking here. Let's just say CT and RAM were no help up to this point) while trying to book my travel for this December. The CT service person told me I have to contact RAM, when I called RAM they told me CT must take care of it. This happened 4-5 times. I finally became frustrated and asked to speak to a service manager at CT. When speaking with the rep (who kept me on hold for 45 minutes prior) I was informed that since my name was misspelled in my original reservation (it was one letter off and not my fault, I don't really make a habit of misspelling my own name...) RAM would not re-book the ticket and the amount would be forfeited.

So my initial problem was neither CT or RAM wanted to help me with re-booking my trip, now they're adding the issue of not giving me the credit for my ticket! I'm still sorting it out with these people and it looks bleak. I know there are a lot of experienced people on this forum so I thought I'd ask here. Is there anything I can/should do? I've contacted the corporate office by both email and social media and I received a canned response (basically- "sorry you're mad, we'll look into it").

Sorry if i'm not making sense here but i'm beyond irate. I would love to hear from the folks here at AGF.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:09 PM
Dan - Charter Member

I'd suggest posting your issues in the appropriate subforum at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/, which is "the AGF of airplane travel forums" and covers this kind of issue ad nauseum. Also maybe search in that forum for your ticket vendor and airline and see if people have had similar experiences (and also search for misspelling issues).
Old 10-29-2014, 07:12 PM

Did you pay with a credit card or bank card, if so have the issuing bank dispute the charges.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:54 AM

Mis-spelled names ar eprobalby the #1 screw-up people make when booking travel tickets. When you proofread, you never check it ... With current NSA requirements, the airlines are hardnosed about it.

You might try one of your local consumer-help people at a tv station or in the newspaper.

My music: https://mikebirchmusic.bandcamp.com

2020 Taylor 324ceBE
2017 Taylor 114ce-N
2012 Taylor 310ce
2011 Fender CD140SCE
Ibanez 12 string a/e
73(?) Epiphone 6830E 6 string

72 Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Dot Studio
Epiphone LP Jr
Chinese Strat clone

Kala baritone ukulele
Seagull 'Merlin'
Washburn Mandolin
Luna 'tatoo' a/e ukulele
antique banjolin
Squire J bass
Old 10-30-2014, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napman41 View Post
Did you pay with a credit card or bank card, if so have the issuing bank dispute the charges.
This is my initial reaction as well. Get in touch with your credit card or your bank. Customer service can sometimes go from nonexistent to stellar whenever a bank starts getting involved (at least, that's my experience).

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Tags
airline, travel, travel agent