The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 06-01-2015, 02:37 PM

Default C920 HD webcam + M7 Condenser mic

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to record some videos of myself playing some solo acoustic. I have a logitech C920 webcam which provides great video but not so great sound and I have an M7 Condenser mic which I can use via a USB box with Studio One software for better sound. I can't find out a way to record the sound and video together and was hoping someone out here would be able to help me.

So far I've tried using the Logitech Webcam Software, it records video and says it's recording sound through the external M7 mic yet when I play it back there is no sound. I've also tried recording the video with the webcam and the audio with the M7 seperately and syncing it using windows movie maker but getting the timing right is an absolute nightmare. Has anyone encountered a problem like this and figured out a nice fix?

I'm also having a similar problem using the webcam and mic on skype and again if anyone has encountered similar issues they've managed to solve any advice would be greatfully recieved!

Thanks!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD