The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 11-08-2014, 08:50 PM

Question Recording tips for Taylor T5 classic on Logic X

I plug my Taylor T5 to a Presonus Firebox and use Logic X to record. Any base setting recommendations to capture the acoustic sound (I use position 1) of the guitar, either pre- or post-recording? I want to start first without using a DI box like the Fishman Aura. I've read about Fingerprint an Magic EQ plugins, but I'm not finding those on the web. I'm just lacking the "air" of a mic'ed recording. So use a mic you say? I'm just KISS'ng it right now by going direct. Thanks!
G&L Asat Classic
Fender Deluxe Strat Plux '89
Vox AC 30 TB
Fender Evil Twin
Fender Super Champ '83
Line6 Syder II
Old 11-09-2014, 09:41 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZillaG View Post
I plug my Taylor T5 to a Presonus Firebox and use Logic X to record. Any base setting recommendations to capture the acoustic sound (I use position 1) of the guitar, either pre- or post-recording? I want to start first without using a DI box like the Fishman Aura. I've read about Fingerprint an Magic EQ plugins, but I'm not finding those on the web. I'm just lacking the "air" of a mic'ed recording. So use a mic you say? I'm just KISS'ng it right now by going direct. Thanks!
To start you can probably just use the bundled logic EQs there must surly be a an adjustable multi band EQ so just cut below 150 hz and boost a slight bit somewhere above 8khz and see it you get some air coming through.

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD