The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 02-17-2018, 08:20 AM

Default iPad Audio plus Video?

Hi folks -

For Christmas, I got an iPad Pro w/256 gb (unfortunately not the 12.5", but I guess my wife didn't know about how guys view size). It's a very capable recorder.

For audio, I already have an Apogee Mic (USB) and have just purchased a Steinberg UR22 MkII (have a large diaphragm and directional condensor for that). So, I can record good audio with no problem.

What is your suggestion for adding the video component? Is it as simple as recording with a separate iPhone or camera and syncing the streams after the fact? Could it be done with this iPad OR what about using the old iPad?

I know that Auria has a video plug-in. The Steinberg comes with Cubasis LE - I'm not sure of video on that. And I am fairly sure that Garageband can work with the onboard camera.

Thanks in advance.

Rick
Old 02-18-2018, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srick View Post
Hi folks -

For Christmas, I got an iPad Pro w/256 gb (unfortunately not the 12.5", but I guess my wife didn't know about how guys view size). It's a very capable recorder.

For audio, I already have an Apogee Mic (USB) and have just purchased a Steinberg UR22 MkII (have a large diaphragm and directional condensor for that). So, I can record good audio with no problem.

What is your suggestion for adding the video component? Is it as simple as recording with a separate iPhone or camera and syncing the streams after the fact? Could it be done with this iPad OR what about using the old iPad?

I know that Auria has a video plug-in. The Steinberg comes with Cubasis LE - I'm not sure of video on that. And I am fairly sure that Garageband can work with the onboard camera.

Thanks in advance.

Rick
You are good to go using a camera adapter into the IPhone or IPAD .

EZ :

HR
Life has always been interesting to me

Old 02-18-2018, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ramon View Post
You are good to go using a camera adapter into the IPhone or IPAD .

EZ :

HR
Ah so! I had forgotten about Apple’s dual adapter!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD