The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-01-2018, 05:45 PM

Default Rainsong at NAMM?

Was Rainsong at NAMM? Haven’t seen anything posted and I don’t think I saw any Rainsong footage in Kramster’s video.

1998 Very Sweet Wife
2000 Cute Daughter (Grand Concert)
2005 Handsome Son (Dreadnought)
2007 Lovely Daughter (Parlor)
2017 Cute Puppy (Duke the Uke)
Old 02-01-2018, 06:57 PM

Not this year
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 02-02-2018, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
Not this year

Really? That is surprising. I would think it would be the one event that would not be missed.

Where else can you be in front of so many musicians and businesses?

Bummer. Anyone have an idea as to why?

Old 02-02-2018, 02:05 AM
Anticipation Junkie

So Kram, who among the composite guitar builders that we all know were at NAMM? We know that Blackbird was there...who else?
Old 02-02-2018, 07:00 AM

CA at Peavey... Journey ... McPherson
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 02-02-2018, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelPastor View Post
Really?

Well yes ... yes I do.. a business decision by a smart business man. They will prolly be there next year.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:41 AM

No inside information, I would hazard a guess that when you are busy building as many guitars as you can to keep up with demand, you are not necessarily looking to greatly expand your dealer network. Being at NAMM (like exhibiting at any trade show) is expensive, both in terms of cash and lost time back in the shop.
Old 02-02-2018, 10:09 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelPastor View Post
Really? That is surprising. I would think it would be the one event that would not be missed.

Where else can you be in front of so many musicians and businesses?

I think those who know and appreciate carbon fiber guitars are well aware of RainSong. Ted says they are the largest of the CF makers, and from the posts here, they seem to be doing well with their new lesser expensive finish guitars.

As a retired business owner, I am aware of promotion and advertising, and the part they play in the direction you want to take the business. Bigger is not always better... or as profitable. If a business is at its production capacity without expensive expansion (equipment and payroll), further promotion serves no purpose beyond saying "We are still here." In the case of a well-known business, that isn't necessary.

Trade shows are a good way to introduce a business and/or bring on new dealers. But, they aren't vital to a healthy, mature business that is happy with their current production capacity and sales.
Old 02-02-2018, 03:55 PM

No further comment at this time... as you all are figuring it out very well on your own.
Also no real reason for Alistair to wonder over the big pond and big country ... though it is always great to see the trainer of Leprechaun luthiers and a guy from Woodville that makes CF guitars.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber