The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 02-02-2018, 01:08 PM

Default Voice lessons

Anyone had any success with skype voice lessons?

I've never been a good singer, I've got pitch problems and typical guy who does not sing well in tune. I am not tone deaf, so it puzzles me why I can't teach myself to sing better.

I am looking to find someone who can help me sing better and wondering if singing is best learned in person or can it be done well over skype or the like? If anyone has referrals to someone they have used, let me know.
Old 02-02-2018, 01:57 PM
Charter Member

Many years ago, a classically trained lady announced at a local folk club that she was going to offer singing lessons.
I was her first student.

I can'r remember much of what she taught me - about breathing and the diaphragm, and head and neck positioning and lots of other stuff - and whilst I only took a few lessons with her, it changed me from an inaccurate mumbling "sort of" singer to a confident, loud and accurate baritone singer which has lasted very well until my recent illness - Once again I am missing my higher ranges and don;t always get the note I'm aiming at.

I strongly recommend voice training.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write