The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-22-2007, 10:44 PM

Default T5-12 acoustic reproduction

There has been some discussion about the T5’s genre being not quite acoustic (lacking resonance/warmth etc), and not quite electric, which of course can be compensated with modeling, boxes etc. I have a T5C2 Koa-12, a Larrivee DV-09 (6 string), a D-28 (6 string), and a 70’s Granada (6 string). I agree that running the T5 through a standard acoustic amp compresses the sound a little, but, through a PA or hybrid amp (PA/Combo) I find the tone warm and full in the bottom and mids, and clean at the top. The discussions aroused my curiosity so I took my 12 to GC and played a Taylor 653ce (12 string) w/Expression, an Adamas 12 (Ovation electronics), Breedlove C25 Cedar/Rosewood (6 string) w/Baggs electronics, all through the same Fishman amp that I just got. I have had my T5C2-12 coming up on one month the 23rd which is tomorrow & the end of my return/exchange period, so I wanted to be sure I had what I think was the best sound for the dollars spent as well as the versatility I was looking for as a bonus. This forum does make a guy think about such things. I am convinced I can not buy a better instrument from the comparisons I made today. I’ll try to attach a sound bite set flat running thru my Fishman, these are truly acoustic guitars that are designed to have the additional capabilities of tonal enhancements and electric usage too, IMHO that is.

Last edited by Michael T; 12-23-2007 at 07:00 AM.
Old 12-23-2007, 12:24 PM

I'm glad to hear that you are liking your T5-12. I've been trying to persuade Tom Anderson to build a Crowdster 12 string to no avail. I would consider a T5-12 if I could get a really convincing acoustic sound out of it. I may try one with a Mama Bear and see what happens. I wish GC carried the 12s.
Old 12-23-2007, 03:06 PM

i've been playing t5's for a year now.i've always been able to dial in acoustic and electric tones that i was satisfied with especially after i spent alot of time working on my set up.this week i picked up a g natural on the classifieds from another forum member and all i can say is wow.
the t5 sounds superb and i haven't even edited any patches yet.
i think the secret with the t5 is use both electric and acoustic modelers.
i know the g natural is a bit expensive but after yesterday i'm convinced it's worth every cent.
1995 Gibson J 35 Ltd No 7 of 250
1958 Gibson L48
1955 Gibson ES125
Old 12-23-2007, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm View Post
I'm glad to hear that you are liking your T5-12. I've been trying to persuade Tom Anderson to build a Crowdster 12 string to no avail. I would consider a T5-12 if I could get a really convincing acoustic sound out of it. I may try one with a Mama Bear and see what happens. I wish GC carried the 12s.
Sam Ash had some locked in their glass case, try the Fishman Loudbox set flat low and high and back off the mids to about 10:00. You can sit a good unamped next to you and be hard pressed to tell 'em apart. Then crank it up and have a blast!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion