The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 01-08-2024, 11:48 AM

Default String brand with coloured G-string?

Maybe some of the sharp minds here can help me. From a store I bought a defective (loose bridge) Manuel Rodriguez e Hijos model C3 guitar for around 100$ (!) and successfully reglued the bridge. I think it was an old-in-stock, since it had no traces of use whatsoever.
It turned out to be a fantastic guitar, almost matching my 20 times more expensive handbuild german guitar. I didn't change the strings (because I didn't know what the result of the repair would be), and now I would like to keep using the same type if possible – this is where I need help.
It may sound crazy to ask, but there is a clue. The G-string has a light reddish-brown hue, the B- and E-strings are the usual clear nylon. Does anyone know which brand uses this combination?
Old 01-08-2024, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elSonero View Post
Maybe some of the sharp minds here can help me. From a store I bought a defective (loose bridge) Manuel Rodriguez e Hijos model C3 guitar for around 100$ (!) and successfully reglued the bridge. I think it was an old-in-stock, since it had no traces of use whatsoever.
It turned out to be a fantastic guitar, almost matching my 20 times more expensive handbuild german guitar. I didn't change the strings (because I didn't know what the result of the repair would be), and now I would like to keep using the same type if possible – this is where I need help.
It may sound crazy to ask, but there is a clue. The G-string has a light reddish-brown hue, the B- and E-strings are the usual clear nylon. Does anyone know which brand uses this combination?
Sounds like D'Addario Pro Arte composites. I think the current sets include both a normal nylon G as well as the composite G string since some people really didn't like the way it looked and felt. The basses use the composite for the core.
Old 01-09-2024, 12:51 PM

Thanks for the tip, Smwink. I looked around a bit and found this discussion:
http://www.classicalguitardelcamp.co...ic.php?t=72572
I'll try the D'Addario Pro-Arte’ EJ45C
Cheers
elSonero

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical