The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 01-04-2024, 09:42 PM
Get off my lawn kid

Default Cordoba C12 comparison to Cordoba Fusion 12 crossover

I needed an excuse to play around with my new Se8 small condensers so I thought I would do a comparison of these two guitars. Here I am playing the same first page of a piece that needs a lot more practice. My "m" nail is broken and my "a" nail isn't as long as I like it to be so my clarity is poor with both guitars.

Here is the Cordoba Fusion 12 orchestra crossover. It has 6 month old Martin M265 Magnifico Premium strings on it (25 31 36 29 35 42):

And here is the Cordoba C12. It has 1 day old Hannabach 850 Mediums on it:

To my ears the C12 is fuller sounding, but the Fusion is a little easier for me to play so my execution is a bit better in spots. The Fusion has a cutaway also where the C12 doesn't so the Fusion gets the nod when I have to play at the 12 fret and higher which happens in quite a few things that I play.

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:

Last edited by TBman; 01-14-2024 at 10:43 AM.
Old 01-05-2024, 08:42 AM

TBman,
My ears are aged and not nearly as acute as others on this forum!

With that said, I liked the tone of both guitars and would be quite happy with either one! Especially if I could play as well as you!

Thanks for the posting!
Old 01-05-2024, 09:25 AM
Charter Member

Default Cordoba C12 comparison to Cordoba Fusion 14 crossover

They do both sound nice, and the playing is very well done!

I immediately notice that the older strings on the Fusion 14 sounded a bit lifeless compared with the new strings on the C12.

With that, the C12 was more refined, delicate and articulate. Overall “sweeter” to me. Also, much less stringy noise.

I am not sure how much of that is attributed to the strings and would love to hear them both with new strings, or equally aged strings, of the same brand.

My understanding is that these are very, very different guitars. It is always amazing how two different guitars can both sound so good. I guess once you have a “good” guitar, the differences are detail and preference, not good or bad.
Old 01-05-2024, 10:21 AM
Get off my lawn kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by airborne1 View Post
TBman,
My ears are aged and not nearly as acute as others on this forum!

With that said, I liked the tone of both guitars and would be quite happy with either one! Especially if I could play as well as you!

Thanks for the posting!
Thanks Bill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamolay View Post
They do both sound nice, and the playing is very well done!

I immediately notice that the older strings on the Fusion 14 sounded a bit lifeless compared with the new strings on the C12.

With that, the C12 was more refined, delicate and articulate. Overall “sweeter” to me. Also, much less stringy noise.

I am not sure how much of that is attributed to the strings and would love to hear them both with new strings, or equally aged strings, of the same brand.

My understanding is that these are very, very different guitars. It is always amazing how two different guitars can both sound so good. I guess once you have a “good” guitar, the differences are detail and preference, not good or bad.
Thanks!

I have a set of Savarez Cantiga NT on my desk for the Fusion 14 string change later today.

My SoundCloud page

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 01-05-2024, 12:07 PM

I liked the tone of both guitars but the tone of the C12 is richer. However, I would also like to hear them with the same strings!
Old 01-05-2024, 09:55 PM
Get off my lawn kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoiedo View Post
I liked the tone of both guitars but the tone of the C12 is richer. However, I would also like to hear them with the same strings!
Thanks.

I put a set of NT strings on the Fusion (Savarez Alliance Cantiga) tonight. I'll do a quick demo comparison later this weekend with these same two guitars to see if it makes a difference.

My SoundCloud page

Aria {Johann Logy}:

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical