The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-26-2024, 06:54 PM

Default New Bose S1 clone from Behringer.

Have yet to see any posts on this. I'm quite happy with my S1 and Alto Busker combo but would certainly be eyeing this if I was still in the market

Behringer B1X

Fingerstyle Guitar ~ Hammered Dulcimer ~ Clawhammer Banjo ~ Diatonic Harmonica ~ Anglo Concertina

Old 03-26-2024, 07:08 PM
Charter Member

I'm quite interested in the backpack at nearly $100 less than the Bose. I'll keep an eye out from this as well as the speaker, thanks for the tip.
Old 03-26-2024, 09:02 PM
Charter Member

I'd definitely be considering this if I were in the market now for such a unit.

And here is another PA with articulated drivers, the one big lack in my mind of the EV Evolve and Everse 8 lines. Never undestood why more companies didn't do that.

It's such a ripoff or a.k.a. homage to the Bose Pro S1 it's hilarious. Oh well, they did it to the AER Compact 60 with the Bugera AC60 sitting here in my living room, so why not
Old 03-27-2024, 02:35 AM
Charter Member

I may have missed it, but I can't find anything about 48v phantom power in the specs?

I've played and studied traditional noter/drone mountain dulcimer for many years. And I used to play dobro in a bluegrass band.

Old 03-27-2024, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wood nacho View Post
Have yet to see any posts on this. I'm quite happy with my S1 and Alto Busker combo but would certainly be eyeing this if I was still in the market

Behringer B1X
Seems like the 15" / 1000 watt / almost $100 less Behringer B15X (or the 12" smaller / cheaper B12X ) would be a lot more capable for less money, unless you needed something small.

Last edited by Rudy4; 03-27-2024 at 08:17 AM.
Old 03-27-2024, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy4 View Post
Seems like the 15" / 1000 watt / almost $100 less Behringer B15X (or the 12" smaller / cheaper B12X ) would be a lot more capable for less money, unless you needed something small.
Rudy, neither of those units are battery powered, so I would say they are not comparable. I’ve got a Bose S1 Pro+, and the battery-powered capability is a huge part of what makes that unit a great piece of gear for me. I know I could get bigger units for a lower price, which would arguably sound better plugged in for larger audiences and venues. But the battery feature is killer, that’s a big part of the magic of the S1 Pro/Pro+.
Old 03-27-2024, 10:49 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin, Wales View Post
I may have missed it, but I can't find anything about 48v phantom power in the specs?
Doesn't turn up in a search of their user guide, so I guess it's absent.

https://mediadl.musictribe.com/media...AHY_B1X_WW.pdf
Old 03-27-2024, 02:01 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStarfish View Post
Rudy, neither of those units are battery powered, so I would say they are not comparable. I’ve got a Bose S1 Pro+, and the battery-powered capability is a huge part of what makes that unit a great piece of gear for me. I know I could get bigger units for a lower price, which would arguably sound better plugged in for larger audiences and venues. But the battery feature is killer, that’s a big part of the magic of the S1 Pro/Pro+.
To add to this, provided the Behringer is close to the S1 in dispersion (yep, that's a big 'if') for me that's one of the main strengths of the Bose. I've had to adjust to covering a lot of territory in the room at what sounds like less volume since I started using the original S1. I'll await some reviews of this clone and see what the market thinks in real world applications.
Old 03-27-2024, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStarfish View Post
Ah, I wasn't thinking about that aspect. My Cube EX can be battery powered, but it just isn't a feature I use much.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification