The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 06:36 PM
Charter Member

How is everyone making out with these videos/lessons? I'm wondering if I should jump in. These packages look interesting.

Youtube! Please subscribe!

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 09-25-2014, 06:18 PM

Toby,

I sent you a PM.
Old 09-25-2014, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post
How is everyone making out with these videos/lessons? I'm wondering if I should jump in. These packages look interesting.
I think the stuff Toby has for sale is good value. You should read at least some of the thread here, it covers about all the stuff he has for sale. He checks in frequently to see if there are questions and to see how people are doing. If you're interested in the blues and fingerpicking Toby is a great place to begin.
Good luck,
Old 09-29-2014, 10:49 AM

Are the lesson's viewed on Toby's site or are they downloads? Are you able to view without any special player programs?

I only have a work computer and can't load any new programs.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:04 PM
Charter Member

Location: Stationary home in NJ. Mobile home on any given highway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
Are the lesson's viewed on Toby's site or are they downloads? Are you able to view without any special player programs?

I only have a work computer and can't load any new programs.
Hi Del Boy,

The lessons are in the form of video and pdf files that can either be streamed or downloaded onto your computer. No additional programs are needed.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:15 PM

Good deal!

Thanks
Old 09-30-2014, 07:38 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim72 View Post
I think the stuff Toby has for sale is good value. You should read at least some of the thread here, it covers about all the stuff he has for sale. He checks in frequently to see if there are questions and to see how people are doing. If you're interested in the blues and fingerpicking Toby is a great place to begin.
Good luck,

Agreed. I have enjoyed working thru a few of Toby's Packs, looking forward to my next purchase.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:04 AM

Thumbs up Just starting ...

Just ordered the "Fingerpicking" packet and working on Oh Suzanna. I'm new to the forum. I'm 50 now, played a fair amount in my teens and 20's and then life kind of got in the way. I have 10 and 14 year old boys who've been playing drums and piano for about 3 years and I decided to blow the dust off and get back into playing. My fingers still seem to work but I can't remember much

Toby, I'm from the Stony Brook / Smithtown area and a big blues fan. I remember you from way back to Ed Davis' blues show on WUSB. I also think I remember you playing with Kenny "Rocket" Korb in Stony Brook. Your packages look just like what the Doctor ordered and I'm looking forward to playing again. I happened to catch your interview with Ahmad Ali and that got me to your web site.

- Jim A.
Old 10-06-2014, 04:42 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesMoose View Post
Just ordered the "Fingerpicking" packet and working on Oh Suzanna. I'm new to the forum. I'm 50 now, played a fair amount in my teens and 20's and then life kind of got in the way. I have 10 and 14 year old boys who've been playing drums and piano for about 3 years and I decided to blow the dust off and get back into playing. My fingers still seem to work but I can't remember much

Toby, I'm from the Stony Brook / Smithtown area and a big blues fan. I remember you from way back to Ed Davis' blues show on WUSB. I also think I remember you playing with Kenny "Rocket" Korb in Stony Brook. Your packages look just like what the Doctor ordered and I'm looking forward to playing again. I happened to catch your interview with Ahmad Ali and that got me to your web site.

- Jim A.
Hi Jim and welcome to the forum. So... you're a home boy, eh? I remember going on Ed Davis's blues show on WUSB very well. It was the first radio show I played since moving up from Florida. That's going back quite some time.

Glad to hear you're getting back into playing. Keep me posted on your progress and if you have any questions about the lessons feel free to ask me on this thread.
Old 10-06-2014, 07:31 PM

Thank-you Sir. So far so good. Pluckin' my blues away.

- Jim A.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:08 PM
Charter Member

Checking in folks.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:47 AM

Posted this on Doug's learn a new song thread.
but I broke my thumb nail ten pin bowling so I'm playing a little flat picking for a bit.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:52 PM

Almost there on "Oh Susanna". Got a long road ahead, but like Woody Allen said, "90% of success is just showing up."

- Jim
Old 10-22-2014, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesMoose View Post
Almost there on "Oh Susanna". Got a long road ahead, but like Woody Allen said, "90% of success is just showing up."

- Jim
Just a few steps ahead of you on that road, BluesMoose...

Have finally wired "Oh Susanna" into my fingers, and felt an actual physical chill the first time I played it through at speed and on rhythm purely from memory

Now nudging the metronome up a few beats every day working on "Spike Driver Blues" - keep putting one foot in front of the other...
Old 10-22-2014, 07:30 PM

Nice to hear about others and the fingerpicking pack. I am still stumbling through Oh Susanna and trying the next couple of songs to mix things up. I don't give up too easily, so another month or two and I should be good
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write