The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops

Old 10-22-2014, 12:02 PM

Just for the record, the Eastman tailpieces are plain jane flat sheet metal tailpieces with a piece of ebony glued on top. Looks cool.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feste View Post
My badwhat I meant was the fulcrum rests on the end of the lower bout...

I have seen several non-wood tailpieces that do not have a fulcrum on the sound board. I am new to arch-tops so please educate me if I am missing something here.. Do all wood tail pieces ave a fulcrum?

What on earth is the benefit of such a Rube Goldberg-like apparatus? Does it really perform better than a normal tailpiece? It looks like each time you re-tuned a string, the others would be affected. I realize that Mr. Benedetto knew a thing or two about guitars, but yuck.

That being said, the Eastman/Yunzhi type, where the ebony is just glued onto the front of a metal tailpiece, sure are cheesy.

- Mountain Whippoorwill (Or, How Hillbilly Jim Won The Great Fiddler's Prize), Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
Old 11-13-2014, 08:14 PM

looks like you've already had your questions answer, but just incase… I can make tail pieces and answer whatever questions you may have. Email me at [email protected] if your still looking for answers/tailpieces

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops