The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-25-2024, 04:17 PM

Default Palathetic Pickup Issue?

Hello all.

I am working on an FP 592 ME series Tak that I received with the endpin removed. I wired up the endpin properly to the best of my knowledge. When I tested a signal from my ipad jack through the endpin circuit and out to an amp, it played very clearly. Note. These endpins do not look like your typical guitar jack, more like the connectors you see when you wire a new male 1/4 inch cable.

When I hooked it up to the old pre amp it gave no signal to the amp.

I purchased another pre amp, a CT4-BII , supposedly compatible with the palathetic pickup system and found when I hooked up the output jack, the tuner worked on a strung guitar but no sound came out of my acoustic amp.

I disengaged the muting function of the tuner and still no sound.

Is the muting function still engaging on the new pre amp despite the light indicator being off?

I took out the palathetic pickup and removed any tarnish that I saw on all applicable parts.

I am not sure what to try next. Replace the piezo elements and holders, the whole pickup? Rewire the pickup? The wiring looks solid.

There is no grounding hum. A small clunk noise when I slide the volume slider but nothing else.

I found a trs aux cable with an RCA end and tried to send an audio signal through the new preamp with very muted success, some sound but extremely low.

Furthermore, I tested a separate trs cable in isolation and it played a clear audio signal to my amp.

Not sure what my next steps are.

If I have to buy a new palathetic pickup or just the piezo crystals strip, so be it.
Would appreciate the advice.
Paul
Old 03-25-2024, 06:39 PM

When I had my P5DC, I needed a saddle and got the accessory transducer pickup. This guy (no affiliation)
https://reverb.com/shop/addicted-to-tone-inc
was a big help.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification