The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-18-2017, 06:50 PM

Question Case for PA40/PW40?

Just wondering if anyone has used a particular case or bag to carry a Kustom PA40 or Powerwerks PW40. The case marked Powerwerks that is available for the PA50/PW50 is a tad large for even the 50-watt units. (Not a bad thing, because you can pack more cables, etc., in there) Maybe it also fits the PA100/PW100. It's shown as unavailable on Amazon; haven't looked to see if there are any on Reverb or eBay.
I've got two different brands of range bag for my Mackie SRM150s. Of course they don't say Mackie on them, but were lower priced (one monitor included the bag when I bought it on eBay) and maybe have more storage than the OEM case.
The dimensions of the PA/PW40 are given as 7" (width), 20.75" (height), 7.5" (depth). The PA/PW50 is shown as 7.5" W x 18" H x 6.5" D. Maybe the '40 is a little larger in some places because of the battery space.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:14 PM

Might be a bit more than your budget, but about the right size for the PW40. I have some similar bags for photo strobe heads.....
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...g_Fixture.html
Old 09-19-2017, 12:15 AM

That looks good, Mark. I never thought of B&H for stuff like that, although I've purchased other items from them in the past.
Thanks for the link.
Old 09-19-2017, 04:18 AM

I have the larger version of your speaker (150). I searched far and wide and finally found a lighting bag like Mark mentioned that was an exact fit. For me, it was just enough room for the speaker, mic stand, speaker stand, cables, and a side pocket for mic and two pedals. Found mine on eBay. It was similar to this https://www.amazon.com/Fovitec-Studi.../dp/B00HERYMAQ.

I feel sure they have shorter versions. Very well padded and looks like it was made for my speaker. Most have removable dividers to help with fit. I think I spent maybe $35.00. I have guitar in one hand and this bag with a should strap on the other.
Old 09-23-2017, 03:04 PM

I like that one, too. I couldn't find any shorter ones by Fovitec on Amazon, but I think maybe the extra 9" or so in the main compartment could hold a mic or something that might not fit so well in the side compartment. (I keep my mics in individual pouches.)
Thanks for the link, Marty.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification