The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 04-20-2017, 08:14 PM

Default New Stephen Wake CD

If you love Celtic fingerstyle guitar as much as I do, then this is big news. His new CD was released today, April 20, 2017. I won't attempt to reproduce the accent marks, but it's called "Ciuil Amuigh" and is available at bandcamp.com.

IMO, this is tastefully selected music played with consummate skill and finesse. On some tracks, there is a keyboard and/or bass in the background which adds to the ambience, but the guitar is clearly the focus. I'm listening to the CD as I type. Stephen's skill at this genre compares more than favorably with Tony McManus.

I have no connection with Stephen except as a hugely impressed fan of his music. Check him out. There are also some YouTube videos available.
Old 04-21-2017, 02:51 AM

+1 on this, a great player if you like this style of music.
Old 11-10-2017, 11:55 AM

I've been listening to his YouTube tracks and I just bought his new album. I can't wait to start working on some of these arrangements with the provided tablature. I have been working for a while on some of his arrangements off of his first album, Journey's End. His style, arrangements, and sound is truly impressive. I hope he keeps putting them out. I am starting to get a good hang on the cgdgcd tuning. It's a lot of fun.
Old 11-10-2017, 05:33 PM

Thank you...just listened to him.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Tags
celtic, fingerstyle, guitar, stephen, wake