The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 06-07-2007, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb Hunter View Post
This year, it looks like I'll get to see both Tommy and Doyle perform (I haven't seen Doyle Dykes in more than three years) along with Richard Smith, Laurence Juber, Stephen Bennett, Eddie Pennington, Tony McManus, Pat Kirtley, John Knowles, Craig Dobbins and many others at the CAAS convention. I'm looking forward to it.
Herb, I'm jealous! That's a great lineup and CAAS is a lot of fun. I went there in 2002 and saw lots of Tommy, Stephen Bennett and a number of others. I hope I can attend again someday. Are you staying in the Sheraton?
Old 06-08-2007, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevelman View Post
Herb, I'm jealous! That's a great lineup and CAAS is a lot of fun. I went there in 2002 and saw lots of Tommy, Stephen Bennett and a number of others. I hope I can attend again someday. Are you staying in the Sheraton?
Yes. I've been going every year since 1997. I really thought last year would be my last so I'm very happy to be able to go this year.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb Hunter View Post
This year, it looks like I'll get to see both Tommy and Doyle perform (I haven't seen Doyle Dykes in more than three years) along with Richard Smith, Laurence Juber, Stephen Bennett, Eddie Pennington, Tony McManus, Pat Kirtley, John Knowles, Craig Dobbins and many others at the CAAS convention. I'm looking forward to it.
I'm looking forward to the CAAS!!! I spoke with Carol Pritchard a few days ago and Laurence Juber cancelled!! I'm bummed about that one! I saw LJ at the Lord of the Strings a couple months ago, was also fortunate enough to meet him. What a phenomenal musician and a really nice guy.

Maybe we can meet at the CAAS, I'll be easy to pick out, I'll be the one luggin a guitar around, probably mostly listening.

EDIT: Herb are you staying at the Sheraton?

Taylor HR-14 Hot Rod NAMM Limited Edition "Hot Rod" (Aniversary Present from my Wife)

http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/b...letrap-photos/
Old 06-08-2007, 09:24 AM

RE: CAAS - I don't think Eddie Pennington will be performing either this year.

Thanks,
Old 06-09-2007, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattletrap View Post
I'm looking forward to the CAAS!!! I spoke with Carol Pritchard a few days ago and Laurence Juber cancelled!! I'm bummed about that one! I saw LJ at the Lord of the Strings a couple months ago, was also fortunate enough to meet him. What a phenomenal musician and a really nice guy.

Maybe we can meet at the CAAS, I'll be easy to pick out, I'll be the one luggin a guitar around, probably mostly listening.

EDIT: Herb are you staying at the Sheraton?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhudson View Post
RE: CAAS - I don't think Eddie Pennington will be performing either this year.

Thanks,
Yes, I'm staying at the Sheraton. Hope to meet you. Since I don't use a handle here, you'll be able to pick me out by may name tag.

Sorry to hear about the cancelations. The good thing is that with so many guitarists in the line up, a few cancelations simply means more time to see others.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:40 AM

Tommy is the only player who, when I listen to his artistry, makes me so giddy I have to laugh out loud -- even in the middle of a retail store while I'm listening on headphones to a 20-second teaser!

So, for me, he's good enough.

I met him at Copper Mountain in Colorado, and that's what he said. "I'm good enough most of the time, Brother!'

He struck me as a really nice guy.

Bill

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell