The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 09-05-2014, 04:00 PM

Default Left handed Emeralds?

I've been reading and hearing more and more about emerald guitars, I've played some right handed ones in the store and they felt great, but I am wondering do they make lefty guitars? I'm pretty desperate to try one out, they feel amazing and it would be a perfect guitar to travel with because of its durability.
Old 09-06-2014, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakotaco View Post
I've been reading and hearing more and more about emerald guitars, I've played some right handed ones in the store and they felt great, but I am wondering do they make lefty guitars? I'm pretty desperate to try one out, they feel amazing and it would be a perfect guitar to travel with because of its durability.
I suspect that you will only be able to try one out, is to e-mail Alistair directly...He loves to innovate and his custom creations are quite reasonably priced!!!

Unfortunately most guitars are created for "Rightys" due to the prevalace of guitar players being such...Check out Emeralds website and feel free to "Dream" of your perfect guitar...He can build it!!!
Wechter Nashville Tuned
Wechter Dobro
Washburn Nylon

Electric:
Line 6 Variax

Keyboards: Korg SV-1 88 key reverse

PA:
QSC K8 x 2

Amps:
Custom Peavey Studio Pro (Superman)
Fishman Loudbox Mini
Old 09-07-2014, 05:30 PM

I would think that the easiest travel-sized Emerald to produce as a lefty would be the T-8. It's a really sweet guitar, especially if you like a more traditional shape, and don't need a cutaway. It's a lovely mini-dreadnought with particularly graceful curves, and it's this symmetrical shape that makes me think it could become a lefty with minimal customization.

http://www.emeraldguitars.com/acoustic/t8/
Old 09-07-2014, 06:17 PM

Alistair is incredible. Just keep sending him emails until you get his attention and experience the leprechaun magic for yourself.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber