The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Other

Old 02-17-2018, 11:22 AM
Charter Member

Default Ho Wet Dry Amp & Attenuator $550

This is a pretty much the coolest, best sounding Wet/Dry rig for electric guitar amps without a master volume. If you have an old Marshall, Vox, Fender, or anything else, this allows you to run it where you get full tube saturation, and split that signal, where one part (dry) signal goes to one speaker cab, and the other is turned to line level and goes out to your effects like reverb, echo, etc, then back into the Ho amp where it's amplified by a really clean solid state amp and out to the Wet speaker cab. I absolutely believe this is the best amplified electric tone you can get, both live or recorded. Using and echoplex in the effects out/in you can get so close to the early VH tone it will give you goose bumps.

Both line level signals can be blended to any percentage. No more mushing tones with front loaded effects like delay. By using super clean solid state amps to re-amp the pure attenuated tone of your driven tube amp, you preserve all the original tone without turning your amps tone mushy.

The attenuator also has a spot to plug in a foot switch that allows you to have two preset volume levels so you can have a rhythm and solo setting. I think those settings can be controlled via midi too along with all your FX provided you find someone who understands that stuff.

The amp has just come back from Ho Electronics in Canada and is in perfect working condition. Keep your vintage Fender and Marshall's, run them as close to cranked as you like to get your tone, then dial it down to as low as bedroom levels. I have many sound recording samples from an identical amp to this from Jack Devine from TGP. I can send them to you if you'd like. The amp also has a fail safe built in so you can't damage your amp or speaker cabs if you plug it in incorrectly. Once you plug in correctly, you turn up the volume on your amp, and it will turn on automatically when it senses the right connections.

2021 Emerald X7 Select
2020 Emerald X10 Woody Select 3-way
2016 Emerald X20 Artisan
2002 Gibson J185EC JJ Cale
2009 Gibson EC-20
1974 Alvarez Dreadnought
2013 Woody Tahitian hybrid Uke
2008 Zager 3/4 Size
Some camp fire guitars, classical's,
& electric's

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Other