The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-22-2012, 02:40 PM

Default Stereo Y cable help

Howdy, I was wondering if anyone knew how to reconnect the two female ends on this cable to give a left and right channel. I have a Fishman stereo prefix onboard preamp and want to split the UST and Piezo. This way I can control the EQ on my mixer to treat the two signal differently. On the female plugs they are both ; Tip=red, Ring=White, Sleeve=Black. I would like to resolder them so I get a left channel on one and a right channel on the other. Any help is much appreciated.

Old 01-22-2012, 04:20 PM

Is this the manual for your system?

http://www.fishman.com/files/prefix_...user_guide.pdf

If so, it should have a mono/stereo switch that will split the two signals out.

Or, perhaps I misunderstood and you already realize that, just trying to figure out how to take the stereo (TRS) plug and turn it into two mono (TS) jacks. In this case, the sleeve on the TRS should go to the sleeve on both TS jacks. The Tip should go to the tip of one TS jack, while the ring should go to the tip of the other TS jack.

BY the way, an excellent preamp for a dual system like this is the D-TAR Solstice. It will take the TRS cable input and split it to two separate channels, each with their own EQ. That way, you simply use a stereo TRS cable to connect straight to a single jack.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:07 PM

Thanks, that is the manual for it. Man I just think you made me realize it, the left and right channel will come out of both female plugs. I just need to separate the left from the right with a mixer or what you suggested? Then I will have two separate signals.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification