The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-01-2019, 10:28 AM
Charter Member

Default Headway EDM-1 battery replacement

Putting this thread up so it's searchable for those that run into this issue. I just had to replace the 9 volt battery on my Headway EDM-1 preamp and it was a nightmare getting it out. I bought this preamp used from GC with no box, manual, nothing. There is a battery compartment door at one end and after opening that via the simple, single screw removal I could not get the battery out to save my life. (Makes me wonder if that's the reason the person traded it in to GC!)

Nothing on YouTube and a review of the online pdf manual and FAQ at the official Headway website provided no tips. I eventually got it out my using a jewelers screwdriver to pop the battery cord connection jack off and was then able to pull that out and then the battery came out.

Turns out the person that put the last battery in did so backwards. There is a recessed area on one side of the battery compartment where the connecting jack should go. When put in this way the battery comes out easily. However, if you put it in the opposite way you'll have a bear of a time getting it out!

All in all a pretty crappy design flaw on an otherwise impressive little unit. At the very least their should be something in the manual, printed on the unit itself or in their website FAQ! Photos to follow.

Last edited by Methos1979; 01-01-2019 at 10:34 AM.
Old 01-01-2019, 10:30 AM
Charter Member

Proper battery position:

NO!!! NOT THIS WAY!!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification