The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 07-20-2013, 04:11 PM

Smile Recuerdos De La Alhambra | Francisco Tárrega

Hello, just to share my most recent performance

http://youtu.be/VyO_iiJC9rA

I still have a lot to improve on this piece... Any comments or suggestions are welcome

Thank you,
Miguel
Old 07-20-2013, 04:17 PM

Wonderful piece, played well with really minor hiccups.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:38 PM

Technically needs improvement...you know it because you have said it.

Musically you need to understand that the melody on this piece is the tremolo and the basses are the accompanying notes. So the melody must be loud and the basses low.

Nice try, keep practicing.

Last edited by Paikon; 07-22-2013 at 12:14 AM.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpmusic View Post
Hello, just to share my most recent performance

http://youtu.be/VyO_iiJC9rA

I still have a lot to improve on this piece... Any comments or suggestions are welcome

Thank you,
Miguel
RDL...an undertaking not for the feint of heart! My right hand was experiencing sympathetic cramping pains as you displayed some righteous tremolo technique. Pretty darn good if you ask me.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:41 PM
Charter Member

Good job and thanks for sharing. You might find it a little easier with a tighter finger grouping on the right hand (less movement).

"Reality is that which when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Woods hands pick by eye and ear
Made to one with pride and love
To be that we hold so dear
A voice from heavens above
Old 07-21-2013, 11:13 AM

Nicely done, kudos!

I noticed you had your right wrist at a really steep angle, I'm not too sure how good that will be for it in the long run. You're setting yourself up for carpal tunnel syndrome. Angling your wrist like that will cause abrasion to your tendons and nerves as they are not moving smoothly through the tunnel. Especially if you practice a lot.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern View Post
Wonderful piece, played well with really minor hiccups.
Thank you
Old 07-21-2013, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paikon View Post
Technically needs improvement...you know it because you have said it.

Musically you need to understand that the melody on this piece is the tremolo and the basses are the accompanying notes. So the melody must be loud and the basses low.

Nice try, keep practicing!!!
Thank you. I know but I can't play the tremolo louder with small nails and currently I need small nails to play the piano... But I will try to do the basses softer.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogsnax View Post
RDL...an undertaking not for the feint of heart! My right hand was experiencing sympathetic cramping pains as you displayed some righteous tremolo technique. Pretty darn good if you ask me.
Thank you
Old 07-21-2013, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick-slo View Post
Good job and thanks for sharing. You might find it a little easier with a tighter finger grouping on the right hand (less movement).
Thank you. I can't do it well with less movement, I feel like I have more control with more movement.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitloop View Post
Nicely done, kudos!

I noticed you had your right wrist at a really steep angle, I'm not too sure how good that will be for it in the long run. You're setting yourself up for carpal tunnel syndrome. Angling your wrist like that will cause abrasion to your tendons and nerves as they are not moving smoothly through the tunnel. Especially if you practice a lot.
Thank you. I noticed this as well when watching the video. I think I curve more the wrist in tremolo pieces but I will be more aware from now.
I practice 1 to 1 and half hour a week currently.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpmusic View Post
Thank you. I noticed this as well when watching the video. I think I curve more the wrist in tremolo pieces but I will be more aware from now.
I practice 1 to 1 and half hour a week currently.
Do you mean 1 to 1 1/2" hours a day, or just one session a week? I think it is more important to practice and play everyday. Even if it is just for a little bit before you go to bed, or when you wake up. Thanks for sharing, better than I could play it I am sure, . The pull offs is what kills me in this piece.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanyknots View Post
Do you mean 1 to 1 1/2" hours a day, or just one session a week? I think it is more important to practice and play everyday. Even if it is just for a little bit before you go to bed, or when you wake up. Thanks for sharing, better than I could play it I am sure, . The pull offs is what kills me in this piece.
Thank you No, currently (for the last 1 year and some months) I practice only one session a week where I play one time each piece I know by memory to don't forget any. I take 1 hour and something to play all of them hence the 1 1/2" hours. I'm more dedicated to learning to play the piano now.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:36 AM

Default Technical Studies?

Hi,
first of all, i like your sound of the right hand. My tremolo sounds very noisy, i have to practise more I guess.

Now I want to know if you have any tips for a good and fast tremolo sounds?
Meanwhile I'm working with the tremolo chapter of scott tennants "pumping nylon" and vladimir bobris "complete study of tremolo for classical guitar".

Thanx,

Florian
Old 08-01-2013, 03:44 AM

This is a good attempt at tryout, however it may be years before you'll play this properly. The diminished chords in the second half and those little runs on the d string make the piece very challenging.
I definitely do not like the open A minor position at the start and am in total agreement with Rick and Fruitloops that a) you're wrist angle is too severe and b)you're fingerings aren't good.
The tremelo needs lots of work for smoothness etc. And the melody at the moment just sounds harsh, not isolated, distinctive and lyrical.
Its an extremely tough piece and you're a long way off from a finished article but really admire your tenacity in getting this far. Relax that wrist and start to feel the lyricism of the piece.

Steve

Website
|
Downloads | Youtube | Soundcloud
Guitars : Yairi CY118 │ Maton M225 │ Taylor GC11
Recording│Sony SX712Sound Forge | Sony Vegas

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Tags
francisco tárrega, recuerdos de la alhambra