The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-23-2017, 03:43 AM

Default New Portable PA for buskers

Look what I've found:
Superlux SE108 it was released at NAMM but nearly no picture is to be found on the internet.

It's a backpack.
It works on battery
and has a built-in mic stand.

Yamaha FGX-412 (1998)

Gibson Les Paul Standard 1958 Reissue (2013)
Fender Stratocaster American Vintage 1954 (2014)
http://acousticir.free.fr/
Old 04-23-2017, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuki79 View Post
Look what I've found:
Superlux SE108 it was released at NAMM but nearly no picture is to be found on the internet.

It's a backpack.
It works on battery
and has a built-in mic stand.

I may give you a little bit more info here
the particular model has rechargeable battery, comes with a wireless mic, bluetooth playback, aux in, onboard 2 channel mixer, and a 8" speaker.
Inputs are 1/4" for instruments and mic

the mic/tablet stand I believe is an optional upgrade, so as the headset mic
Old 04-24-2017, 07:15 AM

Nifty. Does it come with a cup holder? Kidding aside. There are numerous buskers in my city that would benefit from this.
Old 04-24-2017, 04:01 PM

Talking My Portable P.A.

These units are popping up like crazy now , go figure ...years ago it would have been laughed at .

I'm using a Mackie FreePlay , so far this unit seems right on . I have had it about 7 months now .
I went through two others , one had a bad power X-former burn up on the second day , the other lost it's Wifi ?

So far so good with this 150 RMS watt @ .05 THD It's FX are really good too .

To me it looks like Sloth :

My midi synth bass comes out really good , that is a hard
thing for a small unit to reproduce with a vocal going on
with out the vocal getting drowned out or the bass clipping
at high volume .

The Wifi control is super . Packs easy and light , all I need to gig with this is a
single guitar / harmonica / mic X 2 , mic chords , guitar chord and a stool and
I'm good to go perform in a nice shading place .

I just got a T.C. Helicon Voice Live 3X for my live solo performing , this portable
Mackie allows quality sound for busking with a 10 hour playing time on one charge
from the rechargeable lithium battery .

EZ :

HR
Life has always been interesting to me

Last edited by Hurricane Ramon; 04-24-2017 at 04:07 PM.
Old 04-24-2017, 04:31 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ramon View Post
These units are popping up like crazy now , go figure ...years ago it would have been laughed at .

I'm using a Mackie FreePlay , so far this unit seems right on . I have had it about 7 months now .
I went through two others , one had a bad power X-former burn up on the second day , the other lost it's Wifi ?

So far so good with this 150 RMS watt @ .05 THD It's FX are really good too .

To me it looks like Sloth :

My midi synth bass comes out really good , that is a hard
thing for a small unit to reproduce with a vocal going on
with out the vocal getting drowned out or the bass clipping
at high volume .

The Wifi control is super . Packs easy and light , all I need to gig with this is a
single guitar / harmonica / mic X 2 , mic chords , guitar chord and a stool and
I'm good to go perform in a nice shading place .

I just got a T.C. Helicon Voice Live 3X for my live solo performing , this portable
Mackie allows quality sound for busking with a 10 hour playing time on one charge
from the rechargeable lithium battery .

EZ :

HR
How do you power the TC pedal? I'm tempted by these for small gigs but I keep reading that they are VERY quiet..
Old 04-25-2017, 02:12 PM

Freeplay question: I see you can set the level of effect for each channel.
Can you assign separate effects to different channels or do all channels get
the same effect applied?

It looks like all channels get (different levels of) the same effect.
Not a deal breaker, just asking. Thanks.

_Roger
Old 04-25-2017, 05:23 PM

Talking FX Diversity .

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerPease View Post
Freeplay question: I see you can set the level of effect for each channel.
Can you assign separate effects to different channels or do all channels get
the same effect applied?

It looks like all channels get (different levels of) the same effect.
Not a deal breaker, just asking. Thanks.

_Roger
Hello Roger :

I believe you are correct . I don't have an issue there because I use the FX on the T.C. Helicon for guitars and vocal , the third channel I can use the FreePlay FX which are quite good or in the case of my Roland GR33 guitar synth module I use it's FX . When I speak to the audience I have a second mic with little or no FX into the third channel or pump a sound source through it like my Tascam DR44WL thats already set up FX wise . I can pump a set I just did while taking a break and play the DR44WL or the Flash Dongle recorded set from the VL3X . It's very cool .

For the $'s this is a no brainer unit . I see others with some other options like foot pedal control , that's hip , but lack the power punch of the FreePlay or are way too over priced for my wallet when matching up or better like the Bose and others . Also the Wifi control is really a game changer for me .

Another Freeplay @ $300.00w/case a stand and lithium rechargeable still is way cheaper than a Bose ( that isn't truly portable ) and will compete sound wise with it and at a more affordable price with out sacrificing the integrity of your sound . Two FreePlay's are much more economical that one L1 Bose .

The unique Boom Box look turns some people off and others really like it . Kids love it because it looks like Sloth heh heh heh . I personally like it's looks .

With it elevated it really shines covering a lot of area a floor unit can't .On stage its super for a personal monitor when playing with others .

For acoustic guitar it's tops stand alone . Adding the T.C. Helicon VL3X turns this into a real beast , the acoustic guitar sounds even better through it , the electric guitar as well . It makes the synth sounds of my Roland GR33 work great especially the synth bass and Rhodes piano sounds .

I'm getting a second unit - for back up if it goes down like all things electronic do at one point or another as well as I just like the sound of it's clean power . 150 Watts RMS divided three ways - 75 to the main 8 " driver and 75 watts split to the two High Hz drivers .

It's just plain and simply a killer unit .

I did go through two of these when I got the first . The first lost it's power x-former on the second day - the second one lost Wife use .

Thirds a charm as the saying goes so far going on 7 months with the third unit .

Don't get me wrong , I would love a Bose L1 - I have repaired many a Bose system in the past , they are really good, hence their pricey nature .

EZ :

HR

Old 04-25-2017, 07:01 PM

Cool USB Power Blocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroUSA View Post
How do you power the TC pedal? I'm tempted by these for small gigs but I keep reading that they are VERY quiet..
I asked that very same question too a few months back , it's a good question .

I'm a member of the VCGuitar Forum . They have some really heavy techno guitar players in the forum that use USB Power Blocks to run their portable rigs . There are literally hundreds available to check and review from online retailers .

There are big @$$ battery changer units ( Pep Boys/Sears) with USB ports on them that have enough power to get a 60 watt tube singing for hours .

You have to get a special inverted power cable , that's the only other thing needed because of the polarity on the T.C.Helicon VL3X and Roland GR33 and other stomps are reversed in their power supply polarity .

These cats run all kinds of stuff like guitar synths and FX pedals 2 DA MAX , some work in the electronic guitar pedal industry as engineers , really a cool group . Many are just musicians seeking as much info on cutting edge mid/synth guitar and analog electric guitar FX .

Not to much to it really once you know how to do it and where to get what you need to do it to it .

Makes for a lightweight set up if you don't have to use a big guitar amp , my FreePlay cuts it quite well pumping acoustic guitar with a backing track that has electric guitar w/FX - bass - percussion/drums and my singing with this mini set up .

EZ :

HR

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification