The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 04-18-2017, 11:37 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChicagoTodd View Post
Here's a shot I took today before I did the recordings....hard to photograph because of the gloss.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Well, I have to say that this pic is the best I've seen of an Emerald other than what they take professionally in-house. Nice job capturing the right light to highlight the wood veneer top! Beautiful ziricote. Beautiful guitar.
Old 04-19-2017, 07:56 AM
Charter Member

Great sound clips and photo! The wood grain in that ziricote knocks me out! The sound clips are great - what did you use for recording?
Old 04-19-2017, 05:06 PM

This Ziricote really is stunning and has so much depth in colour that no picture can capture.
The veneer has some deep black veins which led me to suggest leaving the carbon back and sides the natural black colour, It really blends perfectly.
As someone commented already on this post, 12 string guitars really excel with carbon. The carbon stability makes such a difference to tuning stability on these and in turn allows us to set them up with a lower more accurate action.
Thank you TheChicagotodd
Old 04-19-2017, 06:08 PM

These pictures make me want to tell the kids they are on their own for college and send the check to Emerald instead. The physics of a uke make the choice of material much broader, but the choices get narrowed substantially when the musical body is stressed by 12 strings and longer scales with CF coming out near if not on the top in terms of lightness, playability and durability. This is the reason that I would get a CF 12 string over a CF uke any day of the week.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?
Old 04-20-2017, 12:12 PM
AGF Owner & Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChicagoTodd View Post
Here's a shot I took today before I did the recordings....hard to photograph because of the gloss.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
The Ziricote is stunning. Congrats again!

JR
Old 04-20-2017, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
I listened to all the clips, Todd. Thanks for doing this, and don't apologize for your playing or the recording quality. You're obviously well underway in your playing journey and you certainly possess the quality instruments to support that. The clips are good enough to tell the tone of the guitar and it sounds very good to me. Our taste in songs is very similar. Carry on, sir!
I whole heartedly agree. We all appreciate the effort. I wish more could do it. Doc
Old 04-20-2017, 09:20 PM
Guest 1478

Another stunner from our friends at Emerald.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber