The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 04-27-2017, 09:08 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Sens and Pens win. Woohoo Ottawa!!! Eric Karlsson is awesome! Goaltending by Anderson, Lundquist and Fleury was absolutely outstanding. Holtby, lesser so, but he's a great goalie too. Fantastic hockey being played. Fun to watch!
Old 04-28-2017, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Caps/Penguins may turn out to be the best series of the entire playoffs. Tomorrow night - go Penguins!

Round 2 starts tonight, rooting for McDavid and his Oilers in the West.
And the "annual CAPS slide" has begun~
Old 04-28-2017, 08:19 AM

I caught the first period and a bit of the second of the Rangers/Ottawa game. It was pretty good but I turned off shortly after the Rangers scored first. I thought to myself "uh-oh, you don't want to be the first to score against Ottawa". That seemed to be the kiss of death, for both the opponent and Ottawa in the first series.

During a break they cut to an outside shot of some castle on the water. I didn't realize Ottawa was so picturesque. We've been to Quebec City and the Laurentians outside of Montreal. Going to have to add Ottawa to the list soon.
Old 04-28-2017, 11:07 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_G View Post
I caught the first period and a bit of the second of the Rangers/Ottawa game. It was pretty good but I turned off shortly after the Rangers scored first. I thought to myself "uh-oh, you don't want to be the first to score against Ottawa". That seemed to be the kiss of death, for both the opponent and Ottawa in the first series.

During a break they cut to an outside shot of some castle on the water. I didn't realize Ottawa was so picturesque. We've been to Quebec City and the Laurentians outside of Montreal. Going to have to add Ottawa to the list soon.
Jim, I live in the Ottawa area. I saw the scene you did during the broadcast. The "castle" you're referring to is our Parliament Buildings (centre of the Canadian government) featuring the "Peace Tower". "Parliament Hill" is situated on an escarpment overlooking the Ottawa River. Just a couple of blocks away is the Rideau Canal, a world heritage site that through a series of locks, connects the Ottawa River to the Rideau River, then onto the St. Lawrence River at Kingston, Ontario, spanning approx. 125 miles. In winter, the Rideau Canal in Ottawa is kept clear of snow for approx. 5 miles to form the world's longest skating rink. The Ottawa/National Capital Region is truly beautiful, a great place to live and destination to visit!

To tie this into the NHL, I'm not sure where it stands, but there is a proposal to host an outdoor NHL "winter classic" game, to include the Sens of course, on the large open lawn area of Parliament Hill as seen in the photo below.

Last edited by Acousticado; 04-28-2017 at 03:13 PM.
Old 04-28-2017, 03:06 PM

Awesome pictures, thanks Tom! We're definitely going to have to visit. Looks great in the Winter too.
Old 04-28-2017, 03:32 PM

How about Fleury and those Pens! My wife and I are currently vacationing in the US Virgin Islands and it cost us a small fortune to be able to watch the game but it was worth it!

Go Pens!

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 04-29-2017, 06:53 AM

Talbot with a monster performance for the oil last night.
Old 04-29-2017, 07:00 AM

TOM: Thanks for posting those pics. Ottawa is a beautiful city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_G View Post
Awesome pictures, thanks Tom! We're definitely going to have to visit. Looks great in the Winter too.
Make it a visit if you can, Jim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
How about Fleury and those Pens! My wife and I are currently vacationing in the US Virgin Islands and it cost us a small fortune to be able to watch the game but it was worth it!

Go Pens!
Who would have thunk Fleury would be having such a great playoff year. I'm sure there were a lot of people unhappy that he wasn't traded by the trade deadline assuming he won't be protected in the expansion draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetaruke View Post
Talbot with a monster performance for the oil last night.
Oilers are looking great.

Go Pens and Oilers!
Old 04-30-2017, 05:10 AM

Pens beat the Caps again on the road 6-2 to take a 2-0 series lead. Crosby was everywhere- on offense, on defense, the guy is just an amazing player! Fleury was a rock in net. So far he's clearly outplayed both Vezina Trophy finalists he's been up against. Gotta say I didn't expect the Pens to take the first two in the Caps building, but I'm not complaining.

Series returns to Pittsburgh on Monday where the Pens put up the best home winning percentage this year. Keep it going Pens!!

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 04-30-2017, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
Pens beat the Caps again on the road 6-2 to take a 2-0 series lead. Crosby was everywhere- on offense, on defense, the guy is just an amazing player! Fleury was a rock in net. So far he's clearly outplayed both Vezina Trophy finalists he's been up against. Gotta say I didn't expect the Pens to take the first two in the Caps building, but I'm not complaining.

Series returns to Pittsburgh on Monday where the Pens put up the best home winning percentage this year. Keep it going Pens!!
Who's that #87 for the Pens? He received an amazing through the legs pass that turned into an assist . Fleury has been amazing.

How about those Senators and Pageau's 4 goals last night?
Old 04-30-2017, 06:00 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudals1281 View Post
And the "annual CAPS slide" has begun~
Apparently it started right after the 1st period.

Were they the same team in 2 & 3 ?

000-15 / GC7 / GA3-12 / SB2-C / SB2-Cp / AVC-11MHx / AC-240
Old 04-30-2017, 09:40 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Who's that #87 for the Pens? He received an amazing through the legs pass that turned into an assist . Fleury has been amazing.

That game was a wild ride to watch through to a second OT. Never expected 11 goals to be scored between them. For Pageau, that was the game of his life, unlikely to be repeated. The Sens are on fire.
Old 04-30-2017, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazool View Post
Apparently it started right after the 1st period.

Were they the same team in 2 & 3 ?
Ovechkin may be one of the best goal scorers in NHL history but the Capitals won't win a Cup with their team focused around him.

The Caps had an amazing first period. Fleury was the difference maker.
Old 04-30-2017, 10:15 AM

Quote:

I watched the Rangers vs Sens OT periods. Great stuff! Fitting that Pageau scored the game winner.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 05-01-2017, 04:28 PM

Caps at Pens ... puck drops in a couple of hours. Go Pens!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic