The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 05-05-2017, 04:17 PM

don't know for sure, but something like it.
Old 05-06-2017, 01:05 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post
Sorry I should have said why. We have a computer desk that is triangular and fits in the corner of our music/media room. I have a full wall on my left and on the right is a partial wall (behind the desk) and then french doors. I want to see if placing foam "boxes" around the mics would cut down on the reflection of the sound off the walls and computer for a more mellow sound without any post recording tweaking.
Understanding that there are all kinds of variables and conditions. And that not everybody has the option for the recording space to be proprietary in the room layout....That said :
Placing the listening position in a corner of a room is one of the least desirable locations, acoustically speaking.

The most desirable listening positions are symmetrical within the room for starters, with an A-symmetrical placement being the least desirable Then ideally (in theory) a position @ the 38% -62% position in the long axis of the room is said to be a good starting point for positioning.

something like this would be more like what you would find in a purpose built studio. The further away you get from something like this, the more potential for problems .

If that is not possible then for sure 2 .ft by 4 ft. movable panels on wood stands would be the next best option which could then be stored out of sight to keep the wife happy . Then the main problem will be trying to get a good mix from an asymmetrical listening position

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 05-06-2017, 02:15 PM

Nice diagram, Kev.

Here's my solution.

Regards,

Ty

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD