The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-14-2017, 02:28 PM

Default Carvin AG200 for FRFR Electric Guitar rig?

Does anyone have experience using this amp/PA as a FRFR modeling amplifier? I am considering one for both electric guitar and acoustic singer/songwriter uses. Does the tweeter flake out with distortion? I'm trying to salvage the investment I made in Line 6 Variax technology and Firehawk FX. I just don't want to buy another Line 6 L2t, which I sold to buy the Eon One. Trying to keep the investment under $500.

The idea is to get something I can use for small acoustic shows as well as an electric backline amp to use with my modeler.

I tried the Mackie DLM8 and it sounded awesome until I turned it up.

I'm also considering:

Yamaha DXR10
JBL Eon 610
Roland AC40

Other options?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by martingitdave; 04-14-2017 at 04:04 PM.
Old 04-15-2017, 09:59 PM

I purchased the Quilter Labs Mach II 8 guitar amp. I'll pick it up on Monday. Not quite sure if I made the right decision, but I think it will be a simpler solution than modeling everything. I'll be able to go straight in, or use a few pedals, as needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-22-2017, 04:00 PM

I thought it would be good to update everyone. I did not end up picking up the Quilter. I decided to order a replacement Mackie DLM8. Evidently, the one I had purchased had a blown driver.

The new one is very good except for a number of design flaws with the built in mixer for channel 2. As such, I wouldn't recommend it as a stand alone acoustic solution. But, it sounds great with a mixer or another preamp device in front of the speaker's mixer.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification