The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 05-09-2017, 07:24 AM

Thanks a lot jimmy, that is so exciting, such beautiful veneer. I can only imagine how good your T8 would look. Thanks for sharing and put some of us out of the waiting misery at least to a certain degree.
Old 05-09-2017, 08:03 AM

Hey Capt and Panda, my pleasure to share.

Last edited by Jimmy Koh; 05-09-2017 at 09:54 AM.
Old 05-09-2017, 10:21 AM
Charter Member

Wow...can't wait to see the finished product. Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-09-2017, 10:35 AM

This guitar will be well worth the wait. It will be a beauty!
Old 05-09-2017, 11:17 AM

That is going to be amazing! Center soundhole guitars still have their place.
Old 05-10-2017, 11:51 AM
Anticipation Junkie

That is a sweet looking veneer, Jimmy. Can't wait to see it once completed. Enjoy the wait!
Old 05-10-2017, 12:08 PM
Guest 928

Good decision making, nice conclusion. Congratulations--we're all waiting with you.
Old 05-10-2017, 02:37 PM

Thanks everyone. I'm really looking forward to the day it arrives, and hopefully it looks and plays as good as expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Pauhana View Post
That is going to be amazing! Center soundhole guitars still have their place.
Hey Pau, I'm also quite surprised that Emerald is willing to do me a new build. I have read that Alistair has moved away from center soundhole design because carbon gives him the flexibility to do creative and groundbreaking stuff and he is the type of person who is non-conforming to tradition, hence the discontinuation of the T8. Howeve, AFAIK, the center soundhole X10 is still available as well, so I reckon if the moulds are still usable, Emerald won't mind doing another custom. It's a win-win for all anyway. I personally still like center sound hole because I believe the sound hole is able to absorb and damp the brightness from the string, and give the guitar a more warmth quality, rather than allowing the entire tonal range of the guitar strings to bounce off from the sound board of a offset design. But honestly the X7 curve is irresistible. But then again I have to be true to my ears and so the center sound hole is the way to go..

Why Woody Opus btw? Because this T8 will have a crystal ice back and side, and I will not be over worried on cleaning the guitar or getting scratches. This T8 must be the "to go to" guitar for me, everyday. My Amber T8 has become the most well played gear of my entire music inventory, and this new T8 have to take over that role.

Last edited by Jimmy Koh; 05-12-2017 at 03:50 PM.
Old 05-10-2017, 03:48 PM
Charter Member

Interesting specs. I have to say that I like the look and feel of the "Crystal Ice" on the back and sides of my X7 Opus. Great that Emerald can do that as an option with the woody.
Old 05-10-2017, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
Interesting specs. I have to say that I like the look and feel of the "Crystal Ice" on the back and sides of my X7 Opus. Great that Emerald can do that as an option with the woody.
It's been done on some woodies, Capt. Plus, I have a chance to see the opus back/side in person so the aesthetic part of it really helps to catalyze the decision making process
Old 07-26-2017, 05:31 PM

The Woody T8 is ready to be shipped, pending final payment.
Old 07-26-2017, 06:18 PM
Guest 928

Congratulations! With taste and patience, you have brought forth a new and beautiful guitar. I look forward to future reports.
Old 07-26-2017, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Congratulations! With taste and patience, you have brought forth a new and beautiful guitar. I look forward to future reports.
Hi Evan, there are actually some new updates on the veneer placement, which I am too busy to report. The outcome, in my opinion, is nothing short of exhilarating.

Yes, I will report on the progress asap while the real thing is enroute to me...
Old 07-26-2017, 07:29 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Koh View Post
Hi Evan, there are actually some new updates on the veneer placement, which I am too busy to report. The outcome, in my opinion, is nothing short of exhilarating.

Yes, I will report on the progress asap while the real thing is enroute to me...
Great "tease"... looking forward to seeing the finished product!
Old 07-26-2017, 08:15 PM

So I have last posted the "perceived" bookmatched Ziricote veneer that would be used for the T8.

Ended up one side of the actual veneer do not have enough coverage for that to happen... So, it's a

Last edited by Jimmy Koh; 07-26-2017 at 08:43 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber