The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 05-03-2017, 12:13 PM

Default Guitar purchase confusion

Forgive me, but I just feel the need to share this..

I stumbled upon GC website advertising a used Cordoba Solista CE for sale. The guitar was in a store about 4 hours away from me. So I called the store and made inquiries about the guitar, condition, etc...AND asked what exactly was a Solista CE model.

The sales rep told me that it was in excellent condition. It was a CE model because it had the 1.96" wide nut and B band electronics. It did not have a cutaway. They also told me that is was made in 2011. Price for the used guitar was $1,100. Even though a new Solista sells for $1,800, the price was a bit too high for my budget.

But I went ahead and did some internet research and determined that Cordoba did indeed at one time sell a Solista CE model. They offered it with or without a cutaway. I was interested, but still didn't have the $$.

On May 1st, GC announced a "blow-out sale". The used Cordoba CE was now priced at $800. Well, at that price I just had to buy it & placed the order via the website.

The guitar arrived yesterday. Inside the box was a standard Cordoba Solista, 2.06" width nut, Solid Cedar top with solid Rosewood sides and back with a label dated 2015. It looks brand new and sounds amazing.

However, it's not a Cordoba Solista CE model. I spent time on the phone with the store and the corporate office, essentially discussing that even though I really like the guitar. It's not what I ordered!

Bottom line is that it appears that the big box store didn't know what they actually had on hand.

They have given me $100 credit to compensate me for the issue.

I now own a 2015 Cordoba Solista in almost new condition and paid $700 for it. It's an AMAZING guitar.

I'm a very happy camper..
I'm a happy camper
2011 Godin Jazz model archtop
Old 05-03-2017, 03:43 PM

Location: New Zealand, South Island, way down toward the bottom!

Congratulations, that sounds like an amazing deal! Thanks for posting your story.
Old 06-24-2017, 10:05 AM

Wow! Great story Dave! And an even better ending!

Rick
Old 06-29-2017, 04:54 PM
Charter Member

Congrats on your new guitar!
Old 06-29-2017, 05:04 PM

What a deal! Congrats.

And let's see some photos of that beauty!
Old 07-06-2017, 02:02 PM

Congratulations! You were very fortunate that you received a guitar that is as good or better than what you ordered and that you are a "very happy camper". Most times, if someone ordered a specific make and model guitar and something else arrived instead of what they ordered, they would not be pleased.
Old 07-06-2017, 05:32 PM
Charter Member

Just goes to show the level of competency of the big box employees.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical