The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 05-16-2016, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary View Post
You are welcome, Neil. Without your original encouragement to me that you would drive here instead of flying to the GA jam where we all first met there may have been no McJams to speak of!
Shucks, Mary. I often wonder why you even listened to me but I do so enjoy feeling like part of the family - even if I slip up and leave the toilet seat up. Do you want me to bring the McUke?
Old 05-16-2016, 10:51 AM
AGF Sponsor

Sure! And I will mention to Steve to bring his. The two of you should be able to wiggle out a tune together!

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

I'll continue "Doin' Life ... As a Luthier's Wife"
McJam = Guitar private event June 21-22, 2024
[email protected]
Pre-sign is required and begins now.
Old 06-05-2016, 07:12 AM
AGF Sponsor

ATTENTION:
McJam plans are under way! A special SKYPE moment at the Open Mic.

Check this out. McJammer AGF Rodger will update our annual phone call from AGF's Coldshot.

This will be quite an adventure for all of us. For those of you who have spoken to Coldshot/Craig in the past you know how fun it has been annually to have the honorary attendee join us from so many miles across the waves. All McJammers are asked to be at the Mic so we can show Rodger and Coldshot how much they are appreciated for all their work in advance. Australia hours and USA hours will be organized to most suit Coldshot's schedule so the men don't have to struggle to get us in gear at the mic.

An exact time in not yet set. Rodger and Kathy will guide me to finalize the McJam schedule.

Much thanks to for organizing this special event.

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

[email protected]
Old 06-20-2016, 05:14 AM
AGF Sponsor

The McJam is this weekend. We have had a few newbies sign up and a few regulars having to skip this year due to family schedules and such.

If you are reading this for the first time and you would like to visit the McKnight wood shop this weekend please contact me no later than Wednesday so we can get you set up.

[email protected]
Old 06-26-2016, 04:43 PM
AGF Sponsor

McJam #9 is now in the history book. The McKnight family would like to thank each one of you for attending and making this the best event ever. One of the highlights was welcoming ColdShot to our jam all the way from "Down-under" via Skype. A special thanks to Rodger and Kathy for setting this special event up. ColdShot has called us each year and now we finally got to put a face to a name and we applauded him for sharing a few tunes with us on his new Gibson.

We welcomed several new faces and we were happily reunited with past attendees. The variable Ohio skies cooperated once again by giving us some great weather. Mary is already busy making notes for McJam #10. We are all tired but its a very good and memorable kind of tired

Last edited by Tim McKnight; 06-26-2016 at 07:00 PM.
Old 06-26-2016, 05:30 PM

Hi Tim... Kathy and I thought this was the best McJam ever also! Good friends, great food and the world's best guitars! Doesn't get any better than that.

Thanks to Tim, Mary and Adrianne for, once again, opening their house and hospitality to all of us.

McJam X next year!!! Can't wait !!!
Old 06-27-2016, 08:33 AM

Once again I'm glad I got away. Back to the grind now but visiting with the McKnights and the rest of the McJammers is better than a family reunion to me. It's great to meet new people too. I only wish I could've gotten there earlier.

Thanks to Tim and Mary for the wonderful hospitality and for just letting me be me. That they trust me with their wares when they know that priorities keep me from being a paying customer and that most of what I own is either broken or neglected means a lot. That people take the time to talk means even more.

To me playing music is therapeutic. While I don't get to practice much it's really fulfilling when I pick up a guitar that seems to be come to life in my hands. My Larrivee is such a guitar - and Tim and Mary are part of the reason why I happen to own it - but there have also been many McKnights that have also played so effortlessly and sung to my ears and resonated with my soul.

BTW: Tim put another one in my lap this weekend. Shame on you for tempting me, Tim! With so many others, that one will find another home - where I'm sure it will be appreciated and cared for better than I could. I won't give away what guitar but suffice it to say that Carpathian spruce is starting to replace Western Red Cedar as my favorite tonewood.

I can't believe next year will be 10 years. It's nearly corresponding with my historical precedent of GAS being a 7 year itch. I hope to see a bigger turnout. Those who couldn't attend were missed, though it was still a good time.
Old 06-27-2016, 03:24 PM

G day McJammers, it was a fun way to see some faces I've spoken to but not known what they look like. I would love to be there for the 10th Mcjam and have mentioned it to my other half. We'll see but if not we'll certainly be there on skype. Thanks again to Roger for setting things up walking me through it.
1995 Gibson J 35 Ltd No 7 of 250
1958 Gibson L48
1955 Gibson ES125
Old 06-27-2016, 10:52 PM

I was Happy To Be There (tm) :-D

*everything* is a tone control
Old 07-01-2016, 12:22 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by donh View Post
I was Happy To Be There (tm) :-D
Don,

You always bring a huge smile to everyone's face. Thanks for sharing your wonderful music with us. We're HAPPY YOU COULD BE HERE, too. It just wouldn't be the same without you!

"HAPPY YOU COULD BE HERE" is a classic McJam song. For those of you who could not make it, you'll have to make plans for McJam-X and then you will "get it"
Old 07-01-2016, 12:56 PM

How did it go this year? If I can't be there in the flesh for McJ X- then I want to participate via SKYPE!!!!

BIG GAP in GAS
'87 Guild D25-12 w/ K&K PWM- acquired in '07
'12 Voyage Air VAMD-02
'16 Alvarez MFA70- new to the herd 1/4/17
Ultrasound AG50DS4

Now playing in honor of The Bandito of Bling, TBondo & Dickensdad
Old 07-01-2016, 04:48 PM

I told Don I was going to make a compilation of "Happy to be Here" videos over the years. Always a McJam highlight for me.

Sharky - I hope you can make McJam X, but I talked to Mary during McJam IX about having others join via Skype. Remind me when you see the announcement for McJam X next year and we'll connect beforehand.
Old 07-10-2016, 08:18 AM
AGF Sponsor

I'm late! I'm late for this very important date! I should have responded sooner.

Sharky dude .. NO DICE. Clif and Antoniette said they want you here to show your face and experience corn, wheat and bean fields of Ohio! OK - maybe we will Skype with you for a ten or 15 minute chat. BUT if that's all ya got you need to make sure some of the other South FLoridans are with you.

AMY (Sultry) SUTRYN has accepted the temporary new last name Adrianne had written by mistake. She allowed human error on Adrianne's part of writting it incorrectly and myself for not double checking my work. Shame on the school teacher side of me! Anyhow, next year Amy Sultry will NOT be joining us. However, Amy Sutryn will be here with a smile. Thanks, Amy. We look forward to seeing you at the McJam 10th anniversary!

Want a few pictures to you can determine if you want to sign up in advance? Remember to contact me personally at [email protected].

Lets see if we can have the bestest ever McJam as our 10th anniversary in 2017. McJammers have this link already, but a few others AGF friends and family might want clued in, too. Click the link below. It should take you to our Picasa album for viewing.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=102081485427195188752&target=ALBUM&id =6304364624670394689&authkey=Gv1sRgCMWL4MLPzcTbXA& feat=email

[email protected]
Old 07-17-2016, 11:25 AM

Thanks for sharing the pictures, Mary....I really enjoyed them.

Danno
Old 07-18-2016, 08:12 AM
AGF Sponsor

Danno needs to make a plan to come to the 2017 McJam. We will have to get a date set for our players who have to make arrangements with their managers far enough in advance. Talk to your manager, Danno!

[email protected]

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Tags
mary mcknight, tim mcknight