The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 01-19-2018, 05:17 PM

Can someone id if this bracing is for a tail piece? The fact that there are peg holes in it, may or may not be original. BTW, it was my Pan 12 that has the exact tail piece, not the epi. Too many guitars
Old 01-19-2018, 05:33 PM

I would bet money that the bridge is original and that the tailpiece is an add-on. If you take it off you might be able to see two screw holes, one for the original strap button, and one for (I'm assuming) the newer tailpiece button.
Old 01-19-2018, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Done View Post
I would bet money that the bridge is original and that the tailpiece is an add-on. If you take it off you might be able to see two screw holes, one for the original strap button, and one for (I'm assuming) the newer tailpiece button.
No such luck as the tail piece doesn't go all the way down to the strap button
Old 01-20-2018, 06:03 PM

I'm surprised no builder or guitar person like me has an opinion on the bracing I do know bracing on downward pressure is different than upwards but I'm not as familiar with structure. Trying to determine what was the original setup, help.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair