The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 10-31-2017, 03:19 PM

Default Alhambra 2C-A best budget guitar?

I tryed several budget guitars of Yamaha, Ibanez, Cordoba actually thay where all worth to pay but nothing impressive. I allways wanted to have a spanish guitar and found used Alhambra 2C-A for a good price and it imediatly impreased me relly sounds special compare to any budget guitar. I highly recomend everyone Alhambra guitars you will love it.
Old 11-02-2017, 03:29 PM
Charter Member

I'm looking into getting an Alhambra in the near future. I was very impressed with the two I have played. Light years ahead of Cordoba dollar for dollar.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:36 PM

Thanks for these insights regarding Alhambra guitars. I have been searching for alternatives to the various Cordoba models. I have a C5 and would like to get another classical guitar that would be a marked improvement over this entry model. There are not many choices locally to actually play, aside from the lower end Cordoba models. I played a 45R, which has been the best Cordoba model I have played, aside from an all to brief encounter with a very nice Master series Torres..... out of my league altogether! I A/B tested that 45R with a base model Ramirez at my local dealer. The Ramirez was Very nice compared to the 45R, but then, it was nearly 800 dollars more expensive, so I would expect it to be far better. I wish there were a C 10 locally that I could play. I am a bit intrigued with Alhambra’s 4p, 5p, and even a ziricote back and sides model that fits along the same pricing range as the 4p. No body near me carries these guitars, unfortunately.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical