The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-06-2016, 01:18 PM

http://m.uline.com/h5/r/www.uline.co...Q&gclsrc=aw.ds

I find spray carpet cleaners to work excellent. You find generic versions in stores like Home. Depot and Lowes.Even Wal Mart has them near their vacuum cleaners. You spray it on and when it dries it wicks all the debris and odors in a powder to the surface that you simply vacuum or broom away. It's quick, easy, cheap and effective. What this does for is reduce downtime, save time, save money and get the job done efficiently. Above is a link to an example. Ric
Old 02-09-2016, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricdoug View Post
http://m.uline.com/h5/r/www.uline.co...Q&gclsrc=aw.ds

I find spray carpet cleaners to work excellent. You find generic versions in stores like Home. Depot and Lowes.Even Wal Mart has them near their vacuum cleaners. You spray it on and when it dries it wicks all the debris and odors in a powder to the surface that you simply vacuum or broom away. It's quick, easy, cheap and effective. What this does for is reduce downtime, save time, save money and get the job done efficiently. Above is a link to an example. Ric
Thanks for that ... it worked like a charm!!!
The 6 padded naugahyde covers are costing me $550. That was the best price out of three upholstery shops!
Old 02-09-2016, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluezguy View Post
That's like wearing torn jeans and looking like a slob on stage. I don't do those kinds of gigs. Mine pay real money. Equipment Matters (to borrow a contemporary phrase)
Except that every wedge or front end cabinet in the last 10 years is painted. I haven't seen a new furry cab in a long time. Duratex or some similar high-wear product will look great. Way better than tolex will after a few tears and runs.

Strip off the cover, get some glazing putty and fill in everything, run an orbital sander over everything, paint. Put the corners back on. Infinitely reparable too. You would need to do that prep work for tolex anyway. It won't look great on the grade of plywood you'll find under the rat fur.

Last edited by travisbrown; 02-10-2016 at 12:45 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification