The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-04-2017, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetweed View Post
I get there being problems but out of 5 orders , none have left on time. Two of them left much later and all items showed in stock. The last one I placed is 7 days without shipping yet. I am 2 days from them with USPS so I ordered on Monday hoping to get it by Friday for a client with studio time. This is the second time this has happened with studio work for me. Saying it ships the same day is something that a customer is going to count on at times. They have to remove that!
I also do believe they are doing the best they can with good prices but you can't count on what they advertise which is same day shipping.
Why not take it up with them?
Old 12-04-2017, 02:35 PM

I am in contact with them. Thanks for asking
Old 12-04-2017, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscmp View Post
i used to order from them but their limit of $35 or more to get free shipping stopped me. now i just order from whomever has the best black friday/cyber monday/holiday sales.

since we are talking about strings, i do need to order some single little e strings. any recommendations where to get singles?

play music!
Free shipping through 12/30. https://www.stringsandbeyond.com/5thday.html
Old 12-04-2017, 05:16 PM

Was it crucial to have them shipped the next day? Strings wouldn't go an extra day or two? Important performance?

Did it really bug you bad enough to publically disparage a fine company most of us have had great experiences with? I'm curious just what triggered this.
Giffin Vikta
Gibson Custom Shop ES 335 '59 Historic RI
‘91 Les Paul Standard
‘52 AVRI Tele - Richie Baxt build
Fender American Deluxe Tele
Fender Fat Strat
Old 12-04-2017, 06:33 PM

I have had 2 pissed off studio clients who wanted product that I ordered for 2 different recording sessions / second order was placed 7 days early and I am 2 days from NC / a earlier order I gave them 3 extra days / good people , good price, just not shipped same day as advertised / they just need not to advertise same day shipping / If a company says something I usually believe it. I came from the broadcast and music industry where we did what we said as people counted on us. I believe they are still good people who just need to change what they are advertising. I have been in contact and they agree that a lot of people are taking that verbiage serious and they are thinking of taking it down.
I also started this thread by only asking a question about delivery times until I was asked why.

Last edited by bluetweed; 12-04-2017 at 06:39 PM.
Old 12-04-2017, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahorsewithnonam View Post
Why not take it up with them?
I took it up with them. See post #11. They did not respond to my genial inquiry.
Old 12-04-2017, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodallboy View Post
Was it crucial to have them shipped the next day? Strings wouldn't go an extra day or two? Important performance?

Did it really bug you bad enough to publically disparage a fine company most of us have had great experiences with? I'm curious just what triggered this.
Gabby,

SNB claims to ship-same day on every page of its site. But it doesn't ship every order same-day, so it's a false claim. This is worthy of discussion; it is not publically [sic] disparaging the company. And a company that makes false claims is not a fine company. I realize that reasonable people will disagree.

You reported your good experience with SNB in post #21. Now you have returned to impugn the original poster's intent. I am curious as to what triggered this.
Old 12-04-2017, 08:31 PM
Charter Member

I forget who I ordered from a while ago, but the $30 minimum I met easily while buying a bunch of sets plus I think I didn't pay sales tax either as they don't have nexus in NJ.

I don't do this that often as my strings last a while because I don't play just one guitar every day, but for me it works.

I don't remember how long it took, but the time I waited isn't sticking in my brain either as being too slow. The point is sometimes it pays to buy a bunch to get free shipping, just don't wait until you're totally out of strings.

Youtube! Please subscribe!

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 12-04-2017, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purfle Haze View Post
Gabby,

SNB claims to ship-same day on every page of its site. But it doesn't ship every order same-day, so it's a false claim. This is worthy of discussion; it is not publically [sic] disparaging the company. And a company that makes false claims is not a fine company. I realize that reasonable people will disagree.

You reported your good experience with SNB in post #21. Now you have returned to impugn the original poster's intent. I am curious as to what triggered this.
Puffle,

As I read from their website FAQ's just now, it states orders are processed in 2-24 hrs., with MOST orders being shipped within 48 hrs. Maybe you didn't read that far and just ran with the OP. I went a bit farther and will concede they have Same Day Shipping prominently displayed on the site and in light of what I read and reported, they need to remove the claim. They clearly make two different claims.

I'd rather not disparage a small business employer when it's not absolutely necessary. If I need strings that quickly I go get them, but that's just me. I realize that reasonable people will disagree.
Giffin Vikta
‘91 Les Paul Standard
Fender Fat Strat
Old 12-04-2017, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Puffle,

As I read from their website FAQ's just now, it states orders are processed in 2-24 hrs., with MOST orders being shipped within 48 hrs. Maybe you didn't read that far and just ran with the OP.
Gubby, I too read the fine print. I did not run with the original poster, as I have my own experience of late shipping. SNB states that "99% of orders placed before 3:00 pm EST ship the same day" (That would be "most orders", wouldn't it?) and "most of the other orders [that would be 1%] will ship within 2 days." So, I have been in the 1% twice in a row. The OP was in the 1% four out of five times. What are the odds?

Quote:
I went a bit farther and will concede they have Same Day Shipping prominently displayed on the site and in light of what I read and reported, they need to remove the claim. They clearly make two different claims.
Yes. The banner giveth, the fine print taketh away. Clearly they are aware of the contradiction. See posts #35 and #11.

Quote:
I'd rather not disparage a small business employer when it's not absolutely necessary.
Again, it's not disparagement to ask about experiences with a vendor.

Quote:
If I need strings that quickly I go get them, but that's just me.
Well, of course. Me too. That's not the point. SNB claims same-day shipping and doesn't consistently make good.

Quote:
I realize that reasonable people will disagree.
Yup!
Old 12-04-2017, 10:08 PM

They are strings. Whoodedo. They aren’t shipping life threatening body organs for emergency transplants. Buy enough that you aren’t in a panic. Strings are cheap. I have a bunch of packs just laying around my office. Third world problem.
Old 12-05-2017, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purfle Haze View Post
Gubby, I too read the fine print. I did not run with the original poster, as I have my own experience of late shipping. SNB states that "99% of orders placed before 3:00 pm EST ship the same day" (That would be "most orders", wouldn't it?) and "most of the other orders [that would be 1%] will ship within 2 days." So, I have been in the 1% twice in a row. The OP was in the 1% four out of five times. What are the odds?

Yes. The banner giveth, the fine print taketh away. Clearly they are aware of the contradiction. See posts #35 and #11.

Again, it's not disparagement to ask about experiences with a vendor.

Well, of course. Me too. That's not the point. SNB claims same-day shipping and doesn't consistently make good.

Yup!
Puffy,

From reading your experiences (I'm sure now there are others) you're clearly in the 1%...............
Giffin Vikta
‘91 Les Paul Standard
Fender Fat Strat
Old 12-05-2017, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscmp View Post
... i do need to order some single little e strings. any recommendations where to get singles?

play music!
Musician's Friend- Rogue Brand bulk. Just Strings-House Brand bulk.
Old 12-05-2017, 01:34 PM

Great news! My order has shipped after 8 days. I had ordered a special capo for a client to use on a old Martin D35 with a very fat neck and strings to do a new setup for him. I lost out on the set-up but still was able to change the recording around and not lose money their. Now with any luck we can do the songs that were originally planned and do a much needed set-up for him.
Being retired this is much needed income for me. I learned a lesson and will count on other vendors for quick shipping needs and use String and Beyond when there is no time-frame. I just hope they get rid of the same day shipping claim.
anyway Christmas is coming
Old 12-05-2017, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Puffy,

From reading your experiences (I'm sure now there are others) you're clearly in the 1%...............
Goody,

This is the only way I'm in the one percent. Merry Christmas to you!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion