The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 06-26-2016, 02:27 PM

Default kamouraska concert II

Hey, I need some advice here, in my area there's a kamouraska concert II with a built in pickup that is very cheap (150$) and looks great. I will, of course try it so I will know if it sounds great or bad and if it is comfortable to me, but I'd like to know if anybody heard of them or own (ed) them and what do you think. I know they're the "ancestor" of la patrie guitars but I can't seem to find prices for the kamouraska :/ thanks
Old 06-26-2016, 11:31 PM

I bought a kamouraska Etude from Craigslist a couple of months ago. The neck needs a reset so the action is high. The sound is pretty good but I am just using it as a stopgap until I find afford a nice classical.

If the neck is OK, $150 doesn't sound bad. I paid $75 for mine knowing the neck needed work. I just wanted to see if I even liked playing a classical so the $75 was worth it to me.
Old 06-27-2016, 05:16 AM

Thanks a lot, yeah I'll look carefully at the neck to be sure. I forgot to say I'm speaking about canadian dollars so it would be like 115 $ US. It seems like a great option to me because I tried an kamouraska etude in a pawn shop and really liked it, and the concert, I think, is listed as a higer range guitar than the etude. I'll go and try it and if everything's alright I might buy it.
Old 11-30-2016, 04:03 PM

Default Kamouraska Collection Serie

Hi All,

Looking for information on a Kamouraska Collection Series guitar.

The label says model 182-4. Serial No. 21241. On the side of the label "DEMO" is stamped in blue ink.

Purchased at an auction. ...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Tags
classical, kamouraska