The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 11-24-2014, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCharter View Post
I love the light headplate/backplate veneer on your guitar, Colin. Hope the customs take good (and swift) care of it.

As for pinless bridges, I have a couple of them and think they look cool -- although it does take me a bit more time to change strings as I need to take precautions not to ding the top. Despite all the care and attention I did drop the ball end once but luckily the finish survived.
Maybe I should make a phone call to some friends at CBSA and make sure there are no delays to FedEx trucks this week.

John, this guitar was more the result of Chris having asked me to describe my ideal guitar and then my realizing I'd be an idiot if I didn't have him build it for me once he quoted me a price that was well within my budget. Of course now I know better than to start conversations with luthiers as they can get expensive.

Ensor ES (Sycamore/Lutz)
Halcyon (Flamed walnut/Engelmann)
Taylor 324ce
Taylor Baritone 6
Warwick Streamer
Eastman MD505

"I only drink coffee on days ending in 'y' "
Old 11-28-2014, 08:18 PM

The guitar arrived today - no damage to the box, case or guitar. I did have a little trouble getting it out of the box as my cat didn't like my touching her new playhouse.

First impressions - WOW, this is a gorgeous instrument. Chris did a magnificent job making this a visual stunner. I'm digging the sound port so far, it certainly made it easier to put the battery in.

When Chris and I first started discussing this build, I told him I was looking for a clear and balanced guitar that also had good sustain. Zacchaeus is all of these. I'll need some more playing time to get a proper feel, but as of now I can say I am very pleased.

The unexpected addition of macassar ebony buttons on the tuners was a wonderful move by Chris - that he made this last minute addition speaks to his desire to make sure his customers get his absolute best.

Ensor ES (Sycamore/Lutz)
Halcyon (Flamed walnut/Engelmann)
Taylor 324ce
Taylor Baritone 6
Warwick Streamer
Eastman MD505

"I only drink coffee on days ending in 'y' "
Old 11-30-2014, 05:43 PM
Guest 213

So glad to hear Zacchaeus arrived safely and has exceeded your expectations on all fronts. Now you've got the dilemma of choosing which fine guitar to play each day

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop