The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 10-19-2017, 04:00 PM
Charter Member

Love the looks of that OM!

Best of luck at Woodstock--hope you guys have a great time and a prosperous showing!
2020 Wilborn Arum (Tunnel 14/Coco)
2021 Kinnaird Graybeard (BC Cedar/Bog Oak)
2022 Kinnaird CS Student Build (Adi/Padauk)
2023 Kinnaird FS (Italian/Koa)
Old 10-19-2017, 06:00 PM

Looks like you made the deadline!!!!!

Is that sunburst in the purple case the OO prototype?
Old 10-19-2017, 06:15 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Looks like you made the deadline!!!!!

Is that sunburst in the purple case the OO prototype?
Yep. We had a choice between that one and my #3. Since we already had an OM ready, we thought this beautiful 00 would be the right choice. Playing it again today made me remember how great an instrument it is. It would stay at my home if I had a choice.

Kinnaird Guitars - from the oldest town in Texas
Old 10-19-2017, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacluth View Post
Yep. We had a choice between that one and my #3. Since we already had an OM ready, we thought this beautiful 00 would be the right choice. Playing it again today made me remember how great an instrument it is. It would stay at my home if I had a choice.
No offense meant regarding your number 3, but I am very happy this one is making the trip, I really wanted to try it out for size and potential for my SKT number 3.....
Old 10-19-2017, 10:17 PM
AGF Sponsor

Ok, now that the guitars are done, the excitement is starting to build. There is a sort of numbness that sets in with continued strain (show prep). Now we get a wee breather before traveling to New York, and I'm really beginning to look forward to this trip. And if that isn't enough, we get to host Dennis for two nights before Woodstock. Break out the cigars!

Tom, we're happy you get to kick the tires on this 00. I think you'll like it. And it will be a pleasure to finally meet you!

Steve

Crafted in the Piney Woods
Old 10-20-2017, 08:55 AM
AGF Sponsor

Ok, here's the sound clips for the big Adirondack/Guatemalan RW SJ that we'l have with us at the show. Something about those full bodied Rosewood guitars!

We can't wait for you to be able to play it.

Old 10-20-2017, 09:07 AM
AGF Sponsor

And here's the sound clips for the Primavera OM. I bet you can tell the difference of the smaller size and the less dense back and sides. It sounded real clean live...the tonal quality that is. Steve I guess was feeling the Christmas spirit as we somehow got two carols on this recording. Hope you like it.

Thanks as always for taking the time.

Old 10-20-2017, 09:37 AM
Charter Member

They both sound great, guys!

Nice job on the sound clips, Steve.

Safe travels...
2020 Wilborn Arum (Tunnel 14/Coco)
2021 Kinnaird Graybeard (BC Cedar/Bog Oak)
2022 Kinnaird CS Student Build (Adi/Padauk)
2023 Kinnaird FS (Italian/Koa)
Old 10-20-2017, 10:40 AM

Beautiful, can't wait too play them unless they sell Friday!!
Old 10-20-2017, 10:47 AM

Is it because I'm not an AGF sponsor or a paying member or something, that, instead of sound clips I only see white spaces?
Also, on this forum, when people post YouTube videos, I only see a black rectangle without a YouTube link and clicking on that does nothing at all.
Old 10-20-2017, 11:22 AM
AGF Sponsor

Dave, it’s not whether you pay money or not...my guess is that it has to do with plug in permissions set on your browser. You may have your internet security set a little high (not a bad thing), but it might affect certain things on forums like YouTube and SoundCloud.

Here’s the straight links to our sound clips.

Adi/Guatemalan SJ

Italian/Primavera OM

Old 10-20-2017, 03:22 PM

Thanks Ryan. I'm an internet/IT numpty so I let our local IT guy look after that sort of thing, although sometimes, when the computer comes back after an overhaul, we find ourselves saying "Why did it do that? It didn't do that before!"

P.S. I hope you're going to show us the super-light Spanish cedar model I caught a glimpse of on Facebook. Perhaps when you get back from Woodstock?
Old 11-02-2017, 10:11 AM
AGF Sponsor

We had a great Woodstock show! The place was busy all three days, and there were tons of players (good ones too!). Overall, I’m not sure how sales were compared to previous years, but there were definitely people buying instruments. The quality of the guitars at the event was unbelievable. If you live in the area and even if you don’t, you owe it to yourself to make it to the show sometime. We’re looking forward to the LaConner show on the other coast next year, but it’s got a high bar to reach.

We didn’t sell out there, and we have some guitars at the shop that we will be offering at deep discounts in the Marketplace for November. Check them out here: Kinnaird Post-Woodstock Pre-Holidays Sale. Just a perk for being an AGF member.

Now back to work...

Last edited by nacluth; 11-03-2017 at 03:44 PM.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:53 AM
Charter Member

It was a pleasure meeting you Ryan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacluth View Post
We had a great Woodstock show! The place was busy all three days, and there were tons of players (good ones too!). Overall, I’m not sure how sales were compared to previous years, but there were definitely people buying instruments. The quality of the guitars at the event was unbelievable. If you live in the area and even if you don’t, you owe it to yourself to make it to the show sometime. We’re looking forward to the LaConner show on the other coast next year, but it’s got a high bar to reach.

We didn’t sell out there, and we have some guitars at the shop that we will be offering at deep discounts in the Marketplace for November. Check them out here: Kinnaird Post-Woodstock Pre-Holidays Sale. Just a perk for being an AGF member.

Now back to work...
Old 11-04-2017, 11:19 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Higham View Post

P.S. I hope you're going to show us the super-light Spanish cedar model I caught a glimpse of on Facebook. Perhaps when you get back from Woodstock?

Sure Dave. For everyone else, we’re building a super light for a local singer songwriter Christie Cook. She’s been playing her own Kinnaird (a Sitka/EIR CS) for several years, but now back troubles have convinced her to order a second performance guitar that is extremely lightweight. We’re going to be building her a BC Sitka/Spanish Cedar 00 with a Manzer Wedge, cutaway, and Ryan-style arm bevel. It should be the lightest guitar we’ve ever built but still beautiful.

Here’s a shot of her Spanish Cedar back with the Macassar Ebony that we have chosen for her binding.

With the center seam reinforcement.

And to give you an idea where we’re going with the design.

On a personal note, Christie was the first artist to endorse our guitars. She is an excellent player - check out her Celtic album to hear her chops. She is also a great musical storyteller. We’ve always been pleased that the she plays our instruments.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop