The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 10-22-2017, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
Sounds extreme, but think about what would happen to you if you intentionally threw a baseball or anything of about the same size and mass to someone at 90+ mph?
I agree. I think the biggest issue is proving intent.
Old 10-22-2017, 06:41 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Sounds extreme, but think about what would happen to you if you intentionally threw a baseball or anything of about the same size and mass to someone at 90+ mph?
I'd be getting paid several million dollars a year.
Old 10-22-2017, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
I agree. I think the biggest issue is proving intent.
Since it can’t be proven, then the only option is to make the penalty severe. Maybe make a career-long points system. So many hit by pitches on a season gets you suspended, so many in your career and you’re out. It is time to really look at this instead of just calling it “it’s just part of baseball”.
Old 10-22-2017, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Since it can’t be proven, then the only option is to make the penalty severe. Maybe make a career-long points system. So many hit by pitches on a season gets you suspended, so many in your career and you’re out. It is time to really look at this instead of just calling it “it’s just part of baseball”.
I like that ... 3 hit batters gets you a one game suspension. 2 more gets you another game, or something like that. Just like hits to the head in hockey - doesn't matter if there's no intent, you're going to be suspended.
Old 10-23-2017, 05:38 AM
Charter Member

EVERY athlete should have a $100,000 salary cap..... Heck lets make it $200,000....The owners should also have a cap on their profit.... Tickets, hot dogs and beer prices will go down, not to mention taxes.... the players won't have so much money that they can destroy themselves and people will be able to afford to take their families to a game, without having to remortgage the house....Everybody wins

Last edited by dbintegrity; 10-23-2017 at 06:27 AM.
Old 10-23-2017, 06:17 AM
Charter Member

Allow active substitution to occur inside the team bench in Quidditch.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haasome View Post
Penalty shootout in soccer. After all the time spent, it seems wrong to base a win on a penalty shootout.
They should be made to carry on playing until one team scores no matter how long it takes. Give them an opportunity to get close to start earning their ridiculous salaries.

F1 - stop all these stupid grid penalties. If teams need to change thing punish the team, not the driver. Unless it's Honda in which case just take them into a corner and give them a cuddle - they've suffered enough this year.

YouTube
Old 10-23-2017, 07:46 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitz View Post
I would eliminate the NFL, MLB & NBA.

After college, everyone grows up and goes to work.
My favorite comment thus far...
Old 10-23-2017, 09:28 AM

Here we go:

1. Remove all protective gear in football to reduce injuries.
2. Actually make all NFL players test for drugs much more frequently.
3. Actual playtime of a 3-hour NFL game is about 13 to 15 minutes. It seems like this could be tightened up a little.
4. In basketball, make touching the rim illegal.
5. In basketball, I still don't understand how players can put their hands on each other legally.
6. Salary caps, or not salary at all. Pay them as much as they do the cheerleaders.
7. On the flip side, I think that colleges should have the right pay college athletes. Why? Well, keep in mind that not all athletes are going to be the next "big thing," and many are playing for an education. Many athletes actually WANT to get a job to help pay tuition or other expenses that come about when attending college. Keep in mind that "scholarship" can be totally different than getting a "free ride."
Old 10-23-2017, 09:34 AM

Does the NFL (or MLB/NBA/NHL) do any blood testing or just urine? I think HGH is only detectable via blood test? There's got to be more athletes with PED use than are being detected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkPieGuy View Post
Here we go:

1. Remove all protective gear in football to reduce injuries.
2. Actually make all NFL players test for drugs much more frequently.
3. Actual playtime of a 3-hour NFL game is about 13 to 15 minutes. It seems like this could be tightened up a little.
4. In basketball, make touching the rim illegal.
5. In basketball, I still don't understand how players can put their hands on each other legally.
6. Salary caps, or not salary at all. Pay them as much as they do the cheerleaders.
7. On the flip side, I think that colleges should have the right pay college athletes. Why? Well, keep in mind that not all athletes are going to be the next "big thing," and many are playing for an education. Many athletes actually WANT to get a job to help pay tuition or other expenses that come about when attending college. Keep in mind that "scholarship" can be totally different than getting a "free ride."
Old 10-23-2017, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Does the NFL (or MLB/NBA/NHL) do any blood testing or just urine? I think HGH is only detectable via blood test? There's got to be more athletes with PED use than are being detected.

Many, if not most, pro athletes are on something; we just turn a blind eye because we love our sports.
Old 10-23-2017, 12:01 PM

LOWER the basket 1 foot. That will make it a speed game and make the game equal for all the players.

Fog
Old 10-23-2017, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
Ice hockey players immediately drop their sticks as soon as they break but don't have the self control to refrain from dropping gloves and throwing fists. Ban ice hockey fights.....
Absolutely!
Old 10-23-2017, 12:41 PM

NFL overtime is STUPID. Agreed, go with the College rules.

The "instant IBB" in baseball is also stupid. Make the pitcher throw. things can happen.

I'd be fine with ties in hockey, I like tradition. Save the shootouts for the playoffs, even more exciting.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jeffreymatz
Old 10-23-2017, 12:52 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Absolutely!
Thanks for validation. I think there's an assumption that fans love the fights; but I think that if you went to an ice hockey game anxiously waiting for a fight to break out, you probably bought tickets for the wrong sporting event...
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm

Last edited by RP; 10-23-2017 at 02:42 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic