The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 10-20-2017, 11:19 AM

Default Kudos to Champion Generator

I bought a Champion generator about 6 years ago. The generator is well out of warranty. The last time I used it, after about 20 minutes, it would shut down. No hesitation, sputtering, or any indications of a fuel delivery issue. It shut down just as if I shut it down using the ON/OFF switch. Started it up again, it ran for an hour this time, and then did the same thing.

So now I’m thinking it’s an issue with the low oil sensor or some other issue in the “kill” circuitry.

I called up Champion tech support and spoke to the technician…. Told him the symptoms ( yes, the oil level was full), and that I thought it was an issue with the low oil sensor. He said those never fail, and that he knew the issue, that the kill circuit “rectifier” sometimes failed after a few years. He said it’s very easy to replace and that he would send me one.

Being an honest Abe (He never asked for the SN, year purchased etc.), I told him the generator is about 6 years old, well out of warranty. He said that was not an issue, and that the rectifier module is not that expensive, and he would send it out express mail.

Great customer service.. Kudos to Champion generators….

....and that's it....

...Until I get better

Gary , From Connecticut

Last edited by gjd100; 10-20-2017 at 01:31 PM.
Old 10-20-2017, 01:28 PM

I agree. I have two Champion generators. Both start easily, have been reliable and it seems to me are more fuel efficient than what they state in their manuals. They are also competitively priced. After I purchased my first one in 2011 I had a minor problem and question. The guy on their help line was polite and quickly talked me through my issue and answered my question. I was so impressed with their CS that a couple months later I purchased a second Champion.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic