The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 08:48 AM
Charter Member

Default Cash sale £3300, no trades for now

Seems like I'm only receiving trade offers. I've decided to push for an outright sale now because I've simply got too many guitars & as much as I love this Kinnaird SJ, it's got to go. It's time to face the truth & have some common sense. I only have so much time to play so many guitars....and as most forum members know, you tend to stick with your old favourites & play those. I'm taking a loss on this guitar because I paid custom taxes on this purchase price. Massive price drop to encourage a UK sale.

£3300 buys this.

(For any of my American cousins interested, in these days of the weak £ then that's not too much more than $4kUS....and shipping costs to the USA will be approx £110-130 depending on the shipper)
Old 03-12-2017, 02:00 PM
Charter Member

Default Bump it to the top

Bump this special Kinnaird SJ again...
Old 03-15-2017, 04:27 PM
Charter Member

Default Apathetic nudge to the top.....

Half-hearted nudge to the top. Only receiving trade offers right now but in all honesty when the eBay listing ends in a few days, I'll probably keep this guitar and list one of my other more familiar makes/models guitars in the UK. Kinnaird guitars are little known in the UK even though they're as good as any other US boutique. So come on you Brits, wake up to Stephen Kinnaird guitars. I'm genuinely torn about whether to let this one go, or my Tippin or one of my Goodalls. I'll keep this posted for now but believe me no one will be disappointed in this one....it's as good as any of my others! Bump it up again.....
Old 03-15-2017, 06:53 PM
Charter Member

Smile Oooohhhhh.....

For those who have not experienced a Kinnaird, you can prepare to be STUNNED!

Absolutely wonderful tone and playability! I have owned guitars from most of the small shops, and a dozen individual builders now. My John Kinnairds sound better to me than anything I have ever played, let alone owned!

My pals who have experienced Steve Kinnaird's work all say it is equally stellar.

If it was me I would sell something else! Haha

Just sayin'

Cheers

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Old 03-18-2017, 04:21 AM
Charter Member

Default Thanks

Many thanks Paul for your considerate "bump" and input....and of course you're 100% correct I'll let the eBay listing run it's course because I'm genuinely not bothered if it sells or doesn't. However I do need to offload some of the rosewood in the herd & one of them has to go. This Kinnaird is as good as any of the Goodalls/Tippin/Greven etc in my herd. But I play 95% fingerstyle and 5% flatpicking so the others are more F/S orientated. If I was more of a pick user then the Kinnaird SJ would be top of the tree. It's a super fingerpicker, as the video shows....and is a great all round guitar because ultimately it's a dread. I repeat no one will be disappointed in this guitar, not a chance. But I'll probably keep it & look at offloading one of my others if I have to. I'm not worried, believe me. However at this moment in time, the Kinnaird is technically still available so bump it to the top.

PS. I know it's a UK eBay listing and that is where my emphasis is. However, as stated previously, it only costs approx $120-140US give or take and this is a great price for any American considering the £ is worth diddly-squat right now
Old 03-20-2017, 08:49 AM
Charter Member

Default One last bump to the top before eBay listing ends....

Last bump to the top before the eBay listing ends. At this stage, the Kinnaird SJ is still available although I'm staggered considering the number of emails/PM's answered. Most were trade offers & even though I prefer a cash sale, I would possibly consider a trade upwards or even a Froggy Bottom or special Goodall depending on the model/tonewoods. Thanks.
Old 03-22-2017, 03:19 PM
Charter Member

Default Bumpity bump again..

Ebay listing ended for now & I'm relatively content to keep this for now seeing I mainly received trade offers. Kinnairds are little known in the UK so I'm not surprised. I would only trade this one for an exceptional Goodall or Froggy Bottom. In the meantime I'll continue to enjoy this Kinnaird SJ even though I'm not a dread guy. It will never get played as much as my long term smaller bodied rosewood models but it's the best dread I've played by far. So the jury's still out on this one.

However here's a dangling carrot for my American cousins out there, I'll let it go for $4,000US and shipping is approx $140 give or take....and I'm taking a kick in the teeth moneywise by letting it go at that bargain price. Otherwise I'll keep it, against my wife's wishes & enjoy playing it sparingly
Old 03-30-2017, 06:38 AM
Charter Member

Default Serious reservations

I have serious reservations about bumping this again & it may be the last time. I've not even bothered to renew the eBay listing & for the first time in my life I might even consider letting one of my "lifers" go as I strive to cut down the rosewood numbers. This is as good as any of my others tonally speaking, no one will be disappointed in it & the main reason I "may" let it go....I'm not really a dread enthusiast & I don't like too much abalone bling.Otherwise it's a tone monster. Possibly one last bump & don't be surprised if this listing is deleted. Cheers.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:25 AM
Charter Member

My S. Kinnaird is one of the best guitars I have ever owned. Was not familiar with the builder, but after a couple of strums and a little finger picking (less than two minutes) I was sold. Unlike several of my other "snap decisions" this one has produced zero regrets. No affiliation with the seller other than a new communications "across the pond", just saying that Kinnairds are the real deal.
Emerald X-20 Custom SS

Life's been good to me so far....
Old 04-10-2017, 07:06 AM
Charter Member

Default Time to be realistic bump.....

"Time to be realistic" bump to the top. I've finally decided that at my stage in life, I only need 2 guitars (maybe 3 max) so I've just relisted this guitar on UK eBay & bumped it up here simply because Kinnairds are little known in the UK. I'm listing 2 of my others here in the UK so the first 2 out of the 3 will definitely sell & I may decide to keep the last unsold one....hopefully this Kinnaird will be the last . GAS will be conquered once & for all, I swear on it. No one will be disappointed in this guitar, it's special & no other guitar has had me "sitting on the fence" like this one!
Old 04-10-2017, 08:30 AM
Charter Member

Default Trade Bourgeois

Hello, sent you an email.
Thank you.
Old 04-11-2017, 12:33 PM
Charter Member

Default PM's & emails answered...thanks.

PM's & emails answered...thanks.
Old 04-12-2017, 11:02 AM
Charter Member

Default Bump it up...

Received some interesting offers. One of the trades is enticing BUT now I've made the decision to offload 3 of my guitars, I'm motivated to follow this through and sell. Still available so bump it....
Old 04-14-2017, 07:25 AM
Charter Member

Default Easter weekend bump

Bump it to the top for Easter weekend....
Old 04-17-2017, 05:11 AM
Charter Member

Default No longer available.....

Not for sale anymore.....
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars