The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 03-30-2003, 05:45 PM

Default Recommend a Beginner Acoustic Base Book

So, I am eagerly awaiting my Taylor AB-3 acoustic bass in the mail. The only problem is, I don't even know how to tune the darn thing... much less play it. I am fluent with basic C-D-G folk fingerstyle guitar playing, but know nothing about bass. Can anyone recommend a book for me?
Old 03-30-2003, 06:30 PM

solarbean...I'd start with a few lessons rather than a book. It's important to get playing position right, etc. Have fun!

I played mine Saturday at a gig...instruments were: AB-1, Hammond organ, sax, mandolin and female vocalist. No drums. We had an amazing time.
Old 03-30-2003, 10:35 PM

Solar - A bass is tuned just like the low four strings of your guitar, E-A-D-G.

So, you had a bass all along, you just didn't know it! Play around with those strings on your guitar while you are waiting, it isn't that tough to get!

Good luck with Tom's AB-3! I saw the pics, beautiful!!

Jeff

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell