The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-20-2016, 01:18 PM

Played a farmer's market this morning for 3 hours with a friend, and in addition to a canopy tent over us to block the sun, the market attendants also propped up two window-sized fans on the rear legs of the canopy on the ground, pointed in at our backs. It really helped as the day got hot!

At first I was worried about the noise, but the mics didn't pick up anything (the fans were blowing from about 4 feet away from our backs and also they didn't interfere with the powered speaker we had up on a stand behind us). I did the same gig myself last month without any fans, and they made a big difference.

Chilly Pad sounds like a great idea!

Louis
Old 08-20-2016, 01:53 PM

Default cooling fan placement for outdoor gig

I live in Guam - 85-95° with 80-95% humidity - and like Kalani, I use this vornado fan. I put it on the floor by my mic stand and face it upwards. It works well but the best part is I'm always sure to have a "fan" that I know at my gigs. [emoji23][emoji16][emoji41]

Old 08-21-2016, 06:47 PM

That's the one I use---great little fan!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification