The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 10-23-2010, 01:24 AM

Default In search of a Mentor...

Hey everyone, I'm an up and coming part time Luthier wanting to up my game and improve my product. I'm looking for an established builder who would be interested in answering questions and critiquing my work. Emails would be limited, I do have another job, but professional in-put would be greatly appreciated. Sadly I'm in an area no where near any other builders, so my being able to watch and observe is limited.

Cheers,

"Let everything that has breath praise the Lord." Psalms 150:6

Last edited by Bonzo10; 10-25-2010 at 09:07 PM.
Old 10-23-2010, 03:01 PM

Nice looking guitars. Where are you located that might help some folks. Looking at your website it looks like you might be in Montana? There are several high end luthiers in Montana, not to mention a pretty well know manufacturer
Old 10-23-2010, 04:04 PM

Thank you, and yes I am in Montana. A very large state, but I'm located up in the flathead valley. Quite a few hobby builders, but few that I'd be comfortable with critiquing my work. Kevin Kopp if your out there I'd love to meet with you.

"Let everything that has breath praise the Lord." Psalms 150:6
Old 10-24-2010, 06:43 AM

if you aren't a member here: http://www.luthiersforum.com/ you should join
Old 10-24-2010, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo10 View Post
Thank you, and yes I am in Montana. A very large state, but I'm located up in the flathead valley. Quite a few hobby builders, but few that I'd be comfortable with critiquing my work. Kevin Kopp if your out there I'd love to meet with you.
Ah, that could be a problem I guess. I went to YWAM at Lakeside in 1992, great area. Also skied in Whitefish a few times...Really nice area you live in.

I guess Calgary is a bit far to go for some feed back. Judy Threet lives in Calgary. Also, you might want to contact Mark Blanchard, he's moved to California but use to be in Montana, he might know of someone, somewhat in your area.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop