The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 02-26-2017, 07:58 AM
Charter Member

Arrow ***SOLD**** Taylor 514ce Flamed Mahogany Ltd. Edition (2015)

SOLD For your consideration - a 2015 Taylor 514ce-FM LTD in excellent condition with Deluxe Taylor Hard Shell Case. Was $1,950 + $75 shipping...now AGF price -
$1,950 shipped fully insured in the Continental US!

http://rvrb.io/2015-514ce-fm-ltd-pn5

Stunning Flamed Mahogany Back and Sides provides rich tone that is clean and balanced. A highly silked select sitka spruce top with adirondack CV bracing with relief rout gives amazing response with even the lightest touch. Fingerstyle players and soloists will find tones easy to extract while strummers will love the huge overhead and unique overtones.

The instruments sound is matched by Master Luthier Andy Powers' outstanding cosmetic appointments for this limited edition model including: florentine cutaway, mother-of-pearl rosewood Capstone fretboard inlay, single ring mother-of-pearl/rosewood rosette, rosewood binding with curly maple top edge trim, rosewood back strip, Gotoh 510 Gold 1:21 ratio tuning machines, ebony fretboard and bridge, 25.5" Scale and 1.75" nut width with 2.25" string spacing at the saddle. Equipped with the ES2 system. Original Taylor Deluxe hard shell case is included.

Acoustic Letter (Tony P.) review and demo of the Taylor 514ce FM Ltd.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4x6cOdSgQc

Thanks for looking, please email or PM with any questions.

Last edited by doodahdoug; 03-25-2017 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Sold
Old 02-26-2017, 10:12 AM
Charter Member

Default pictures added

Last edited by doodahdoug; 03-15-2017 at 05:47 PM. Reason: pictures
Old 02-27-2017, 11:16 AM
Charter Member

Default Hog Heaven

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by doodahdoug; 03-15-2017 at 05:47 PM. Reason: add picture
Old 03-01-2017, 04:25 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodahdoug View Post
If it weren't for an incoming Tree mahogany build due in a few months this well conceived Taylor hog Limited Edition would be staying put at home. Thanks for the inquiries and offers, still available for now bump.
These are really nice guitars. I have owned one of these recently and they are pretty special in my book. Tonally very good, aesthetically unique. The rosette design, to my knowledge, has only been used on this run of guitars.

Doug is a super guy and easy to work with. Buy with confidence!

Woody (aka: Mike)

FOR SALE: Kinnaird Brazilian!!
Old 03-02-2017, 02:35 PM
Charter Member

Default Flamed Mahogany Limited GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by invguy921 View Post
These are really nice guitars. I have owned one of these recently and they are pretty special in my book. Tonally very good, aesthetically unique. The rosette design, to my knowledge, has only been used on this run of guitars.

Doug is a super guy and easy to work with. Buy with confidence!
Mike, Thank you for the gracious comments and for sharing your first hand knowledge of this model. I agree that the 2015 FM Ltd. is aesthetically unique for Taylor and has a really warm sweet voice.

Thank you to those who have reached out to me with some attractive trade offers. A couple of those are really tempting...keep them coming.

Of course a straight sale is a win-win for buyer and seller. If you are on the fence or have any questions...shoot me an email or pm. Thanks... Doug
Old 03-09-2017, 01:56 PM
Charter Member

Default Price Reduced!

Now only $1,950 shipped and insured for full value to Continental US
Old 03-12-2017, 04:51 PM
Charter Member

Default Taylor Limited Edition GA

Spring Forward Bump to the Top!

Last edited by doodahdoug; 03-14-2017 at 06:41 PM.
Old 03-15-2017, 12:56 PM
Charter Member

Default Flamed Mahogany 2015 Ltd. Edition Taylor GA

Check out the limited edition capstone rosewood and MOP inlay Rosette and FB markers...and how about that top!

Last edited by doodahdoug; 03-15-2017 at 05:43 PM.
Old 03-18-2017, 01:08 PM

Just a spectacular guitar. The flamed mahogany is gorgeous along with the capstone inlays. Very unique Taylor . I love your spruce top as well they are usually fairly "good" looking but yours is really really nice, the grain just pops on yours from all sides! Someone will be VERY happy with this gem.
Taylor 2016 Mahogany 12-Fret GA
Taylor 2016 Koa GS Mini
Old 03-18-2017, 01:14 PM
Charter Member

Absolutely Stunning Taylor! It should sell quickly!
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2
Old 03-18-2017, 11:27 PM

I can't believe nobody has snagged this one yet at this price. This is one of the classiest limited editions that Taylor has come up with.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:16 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedeng88 View Post
I can't believe nobody has snagged this one yet at this price. This is one of the classiest limited editions that Taylor has come up with.
Make that two of us...at least! If I wasn't in a downsizing mode, I'd buy this myself. These are just really nice guitars. There is no earthly reason why this isn't gone...other than a goofy guitar market. Someone needs to grab this before Doug comes to his senses and keeps it.

Woody (aka: Mike)

FOR SALE: Kinnaird Brazilian!!
Old 03-19-2017, 10:24 AM
Charter Member

I had the pleasure of going over to Doug's house this past Thursday evening, and got to play this gorgeous Taylor 514-CE-FM (as well as
a few of his other small luthier made excellent guitars!).

Let me say that the condition is awesome, as is the sound the playability. Everything you'd expect from a Taylor, and then a bit more with the cool rosette and fingerboard inlays.

If I was in the market for another guitar, I'd snatch this one up quick......especially at the price Doug is currently asking. I don't think you could do better for a quality guitar under $2K~~~!!!
  • Takamine 2006 Ltd.
  • Takamine EAC48C
  • Takamine ESF40C
  • Tama #3561 Dread
  • Whelan Dreadnought
  • Whelan Grand Auditorium
  • Yamaki YW-80
Old 03-20-2017, 07:22 AM
Charter Member

Default Flamed Mahogany 2015 Ltd. Edition Taylor GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10304cpg View Post
Just a spectacular guitar. The flamed mahogany is gorgeous along with the capstone inlays. Very unique Taylor . I love your spruce top as well they are usually fairly "good" looking but yours is really really nice, the grain just pops on yours from all sides! Someone will be VERY happy with this gem.
Thanks 10304cpg I couldn't agree more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpruceTop View Post
Absolutely Stunning Taylor! It should sell quickly!
Thank you SpruceTop...I think you may be correct!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedeng88 View Post
Thank you Rye...I have a received a couple of offers on Reverb but its still available for now on AGF for my best price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by invguy921 View Post
Make that two of us...at least! If I wasn't in a downsizing mode, I'd buy this myself. These are just really nice guitars. There is no earthly reason why this isn't gone...other than a goofy guitar market. Someone needs to grab this before Doug comes to his senses and keeps it.
Thanks Mike...you should know having owned this model among your collection of high end guitars. Taylor doesn't often offer a Florentine cutaway on its non BTO guitars due to the extra time and effort it requires. I'd be fine keeping this one but will leave it up a while longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhelan56 View Post
I had the pleasure of going over to Doug's house this past Thursday evening, and got to play this gorgeous Taylor 514-CE-FM (as well as
a few of his other small luthier made excellent guitars!).

Let me say that the condition is awesome, as is the sound the playability. Everything you'd expect from a Taylor, and then a bit more with the cool rosette and fingerboard inlays.

If I was in the market for another guitar, I'd snatch this one up quick......especially at the price Doug is currently asking. I don't think you could do better for a quality guitar under $2K~~~!!!
Jim, thanks for your first hand perspective of the sound, playability and condition of this guitar. I really enjoyed playing some music together last week.

If you've been eyeing this guitar, now is the time to reach out to me. I ship carefully packed and insured by Heritage Insurance for full value UPS ground at no cost to you in the continental US! This is my
rock bottom selling price...if it doesn't sell at this price point I'll be keeping it.
Old 03-23-2017, 04:35 PM
Charter Member

Default March Mahogany Madness

There's a lot to like about this guitar...up for adoption to a loving home!

1. Great sound
2. Playbility
3. Unique limited edition styling
4. ES2
5. Choice woods
6. Like new condition
7. Shipped to your door for 65% of street price ($1,950 / $2,999)

Purchase during March Madness at the listed price I will include a new Taylor brand clear removable pickguard and Planet waves drop-in humidifier.

Reach out to me with any questions and also have a look at my cocobolo Breedlove listing.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars