The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 05-15-2013, 12:44 PM

Default Can you recommend any free drum/perc loops?

Hi folks -

My recording so far has been ultra barebones....typically just my acoustic guitar and my voice. I'd like to at least have some click tracks to check my pacing with, but also like to branch out a bit with some basic, minimal drum/percussion loops. Oh and of course this is on a shoestring.

Can anyone recommend a site or utility that would enable me to download some basic percussion stuff? I have only an acoustic guitar and a voice.....and i'm using Reaper and Audition. Don't know a thing about midi but i'm willing to learn.

Thanks and cheers,
-js
Old 05-15-2013, 09:17 PM

Think ez drummer has a free download this month for a basic program. It may included some midi loops
Old 05-15-2013, 09:49 PM

I believe that this would be the deal to which Mr. Trout is referring: http://www.toontrack.com/products.asp?item=24

I may try it out myself, but I've gotten quite used to simply resorting to my old-tech Alesis SR-16, which I got off of eBay for less than $50 as I recall (of which there are 3 similarly priced at the moment).

A friend also recently donated an earlier copy of Reason to me. I'm still evaluating that option, but it seems geared (way) more towards techno-"musicians".

Hope that helps.

'98 Martin HD-28VR, '98 Bourgeois Martin Simpson European, '98 Collings CJmha
Old 06-10-2013, 10:41 AM

Thanks guys. Been away for a while but wanted to touch base. I tried and failed, badly, with ezdrummer. Had to jump through mega hoops just to wade through the download, and then the files weren't accessible on my system. Anyway thx again.

-js
Old 06-10-2013, 11:35 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlJohn View Post
Hi folks -

My recording so far has been ultra barebones....typically just my acoustic guitar and my voice. I'd like to at least have some click tracks to check my pacing with, but also like to branch out a bit with some basic, minimal drum/percussion loops. Oh and of course this is on a shoestring.

Can anyone recommend a site or utility that would enable me to download some basic percussion stuff? I have only an acoustic guitar and a voice.....and i'm using Reaper and Audition. Don't know a thing about midi but i'm willing to learn.

Thanks and cheers,
-js
Does Reaper have a click or metronome plug in ?

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD