The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 06-14-2013, 11:10 PM

Default Redording in Boise, ID

Sorry fot the double post but i didnt see this area "/.

Hello everyone, my best friend is a singer songwriter here in Boise where we are stationed. We bothe work in the Fire Department together and he has taught me everything I know. He is trying to find somewhere to record his EP here in Boise. He has some awesome songs he has been working on for a long time and I promised him that I would look high and low for a place to get him in to record a few songs. We are both Enlisted Active Duty Air Force on E-3 pay so unforturnatly finding somewhere for him to record on our pay has proven tough. Is there anyone out in the local area here that would be willing to help us out? Any information or suguestions would be great!
Old 06-15-2013, 09:44 AM

Thanks for your service.

I don't know anywhere in the Boise area to record, but when I was in the Air Force I bought a digital recorder and a couple mics and recorded in my dorm room. The quality is surprisingly good. It's not pro quality unless you know what you are doing and have excellent equipment. But you can get a very good recording in your dorm room for a few hundred bucks.

I was using a Boss BR8 (this was over 10 years ago) and my friends had a Roland 16 track and a Tascam (don't remember the model). The technology and quality has improved dramatically over the years and the costs continue to drop. Your friend can probably buy a good digital recorder and a decent mic for around $500.

Another option is to post an ad on Craigslist or a base u bulletin board if there are any, and ask if anyone wants to get together to record. I played with and recorded for at least half a dozen people. Great way to meet folks , experiment, and learn different music styles and recording techniques.

Hope this at least gives you an option.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD