The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-14-2005, 12:34 PM
Charter Member

Default T5 Humm

I have just joined the forum and thought I would throw in my two cents on My T5. I love it...but was having problems with hum when in either position 3 or 5. (humbuker only or in series). I watched the taylor video and made sure I did not have ground loops. The hum would go away if I touched the humbucker or a screw on the amp case. I called taylor and they said it was a grounding issue and it sounded like my outlet.

I walked the guitar and amp around the house and it was indeed a bad wiring line (bad in that it was noisy!). Even if my ground checker thingy from home depot said it was fine...it was noisy. That Explains why some of the t5's I have tried in the different GC's, some had it and some didn't.

I neeed to try and clean up the ac line with some wall box.

Anyone else have the same issues?

And I thought all my ham radio gear would pick up on the line noise....Hmmmmmmm no I mean Hummmmmmmm
Old 09-14-2005, 05:53 PM

my t5 had a buzzes. First it wa sthe battery door, i piece of foam solved that problem. After playing more, weeks later i noticed another. I opened up the back, and realized the screws holding the humbucker were lower. i tightened them and not a problem since.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion