The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 04-30-2012, 03:16 PM

Default Voyage Instruments - Responded

On 4-23 I received an email response to my second email to Voyage Instruments. In my email I kept it simple asking if they were in business and that I wanted to place an order. The response I received is below.

Hello,

What model do you like?
http://www.voyage-instruments.com/so...page=catalogue

Best regards.

Gilbert Brussieux
Managing Director

I sent a follow up email asking for more details regarding the companies status and if they were accepting new orders. I also used Google Translate to create a version of my email in French hoping that if there is a language barrier it would make it easier. How American of me to assume the whole world reads perfect English. I honestly wish a spoke and read French. Such an amazing culture and language.

I hope Gilbert responds soon. I'll keep you all informed but I hope that I'm able to get one of these guitars soon and some detailed information for the forum about their status.

best

PJB7669
"Keep the CF group alive!"
Old 05-01-2012, 06:52 AM
AGF Owner & Founder

Very interesting. Please keep us posted. I'd really like more info and would love to try one - especially the nylon.

JR
Old 05-01-2012, 07:58 AM

There was talk that they had gone out of business, which would be a shame. They make some very interesting looking guitars. I have to admit that most of them don't appeal to me, but I do like the Comfort model:

I will have to throw in my standard caveat... I'm not a fan of wood on my CF guitars. I know that fretboards and bridges don't provide the same concern as tops, but I want my composite guitars to be wood-free. Nevertheless, I still like to see manufacturers producing innovative designs and I hope VI makes a go of it.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:34 PM

Default Vi Status

It may be that they are not in business as every link to their website takes me to a redirected site. The link to view models that Gilbert sent me works but I'm going to wait to see what is what.

Even if they have had to close their doors I would still be interested in a purchase provided inventory was available.

I've asked about the London Calling version of the comfort with electronics and removable neck. I'm also interested in their Nylon guitar. From the playing samples I've watched online this line of guitars sound very Jazzy more toward the mid-range. They appear to be a smaller body guitar as well. I may have to consider both depending on Gilbert's response.

Here's hoping. I'm also still considering a custom Emerald.

So many choices.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber