The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-20-2011, 09:25 AM

Default Acoustic guitar amplification.

Hello, Well about one week back I purchased a Yamaha FGX730SC Semi acoustic guitar. I have to say, I am very pleased with the instrument. The tone is well balanced and just the amount of Bass and treble I need.
Today I plugged it into my Sony Stereo system through the Microphone jack. And it worked perfectly. Even the sound came pretty close to the Marshall AS50D acoustic amplifier I tried out some time back. It was not as good obviously but the sound was pretty crisp and the balance of the whole amplified sound was close to being perfect. Well my question is, IS THIS SAFE? Will I burn either my Stereo system OR my guitar?

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-20-2011, 11:17 AM

I don't believe you'd hurt your guitar or pickup, but you could potentially blow a tweeter in your stereo if you're not careful. I'd keep the volume down. As long as you are just using for in-home use and room level volumes, you're probably ok but I wouldn't try and use it for a PA at a venue!
Old 08-21-2011, 09:54 PM

I'll keep it down and play then. GREATT!!
Thanks.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification