The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-25-2007, 01:53 PM

Default finally "felt the power"

So last weekend I finally got to check out the PA system my brother and I got from a close family friend. She was a professional gospel piano/vocalist for close to 30 years, and when she passed away 2 years ago, her husband offered her gear to my brother and I. So last weekend when I was home my bro had it set up...got to run my larrivee with my LR Baggs M1A pickup in to the older peavey powered mixer, and into the Bose mains (not sure of the model)...and used one of my older audix mics...sounded great!!! lots of headroom, clear, warm...just felt so nice to be playing through her old system...and great to feel the full power of the combo of my larrivee and the LR Baggs...could actually feel the thump in my chest! and very nice for fingerstyle as well...all around should be a nice system as my brother and I are planning on getting back on the gigging wagon again after the first of the year...hitting up some acoustic duo shows. always nice to connect with a set of gear, especially when it has great meaning...and also I can now highly recommend the LR Baggs M1A...sounds great!

Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Larrivee D03WL
Alvarez AF60S
Arbor AJ137
Lahaina Ukulele
Carvin AG100D
Roland Blues Cube
Old 11-25-2007, 03:17 PM

Im glad its all coming together for you - Congratulations- now just work on your set for your gigs .

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion